Fenway Infill and Small Developments

I don't understand why that place habitually fails.

Burton's Grill had a nice run of it, but Happys was gone in less than a year, and same for Barrio (never tried either of them.)

The concepts must have completely sucked, because it looks like a prime location.

Also, I find it interesting, that 1330 still has a vacant storefront. That building opened what 4 years now?

I was a big fan of Burton's. I think they ultimately did pretty well although maybe not well enough, especially with high rent and the slow off-season when the Sox aren't around. Still, there are several restaurants in close proximity doing really well these days. Happys was strange and didn't have a clear concept. Barrio was awful as well. Both had terrible management.

Does 1330 still have an empty space? I thought the cycling studio took that up? Or was that the piece of BASHO that they cut in half? This may have been discussed earlier in the thread but I haven't followed it all the way through.

http://handlebarcycling.com/studio-fenway

I was a big fan of Burton's. I think they ultimately did pretty well although maybe not well enough, especially with high rent and the slow off-season when the Sox aren't around. Still, there are several restaurants in close proximity doing really well these days. Happys was strange and didn't have a clear concept. Barrio was awful as well. Both had terrible management.

Does 1330 still have an empty space? I thought the cycling studio took that up? Or was that the piece of BASHO that they cut in half? This may have been discussed earlier in the thread but I haven't followed it all the way through.

http://handlebarcycling.com/studio-fenway

There's still one empty space between the cycling studio and Regina Pizza. They have started doing work on it this week and taken down the "For Lease" sign, so it's looking like something will be popping up there soon.

Shot from Budweiser roof-deck area (in Fenway) on Monday Night:

WIQ7gyN.jpg

Epic. The Fenway is really looking like an urban part of Boston with all the development! The Boylston streetwall is very powerful. Great pic!

Last edited:
Last remaining spot at 1330 is rented - will be another Pavement Café location. Burger King next door closing November 1st.

Last remaining spot at 1330 is rented - will be another Pavement Café location. Burger King next door closing November 1st.

Awesome, I always thought Fenway didn't have enough coffee shops (especially on Boylston). We really only have Neighborhoods Cafe, a Starbucks and a half-Dunkin inside of a gas station.

Interesting that the Burger King is closing November 1st. I wonder if construction will start soon after?

Interesting that the Burger King is closing November 1st. I wonder if construction will start soon after?

Hopefully the wrecking ball hits the BK just as the last employee sprints out the door.

Hopefully the wrecking ball hits the BK just as the last employee sprints out the door.

If that's the case, then The Point and 1350 Boylston will be rising simultaneously, similar to The Viridian and Boylston West.

If that's the case, then The Point and 1350 Boylston will be rising simultaneously, similar to The Viridian and Boylston West.

That would certainly be nice. How long will it take for those to be constructed once everything starts? 2 years? It's weird to think I'll have left Boston in 2011 and by the time I come back permanently (eta 2016) there will be two neighborhoods which have totally transformed (Fenway, SBW)....maybe even three if we include the rapid building in Cambridge.

I'm certainly not going to mind the neighborhood improving in almost every possible way, but with BK closing, what are the cheap fast options around anymore?

I'm certainly not going to mind the neighborhood improving in almost every possible way, but with BK closing, what are the cheap fast options around anymore?

Off the top of my head... Tasty Burger, Regina Pizza, El Pelon, Rod Dee, Kronos Gyros, and Hidyan Cafe are all cheap and delicious take out.

There's also Panera and Chipotle if you like corporate chains.

The sears food court maybe

Off the top of my head... Tasty Burger, Regina Pizza, El Pelon, Rod Dee, Kronos Gyros, and Hidyan Cafe are all cheap and delicious take out.

There's also Panera and Chipotle if you like corporate chains.

Don't forget Popeye's and McDonald's in Kenmore Square.

Back