Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

At least it's out of the ground. Theirs nothing more disappointing than watching a hole sitting in the ground that you can't even see going up.

I know the first 4-5 floors were supposed to take longer but we have yet to see anything even close to 1 floor per week let alone the 2 floors/week some have alluded to in this thread. As others have mentioned, it should be any day now that they start banging out these floors.

I know the first 4-5 floors were supposed to take longer but we have yet to see anything even close to 1 floor per week let alone the 2 floors/week some have alluded to in this thread. As others have mentioned, it should be any day now that they start banging out these floors.

I think it was the first 6 floors that would take a long time. Now with the sixth looking like it is wrapping up, hopefully it does start to take off.

I think it was the first 6 floors that would take a long time. Now with the sixth looking like it is wrapping up, hopefully it does start to take off.

I just went back several pages. In late March (see post # 2108) a 3 month construction schedule for April-June was posted by the developer on its website. That schedule had them completing 15 floors in that 3 month period! Unless they can do 8-9 floors in the next 3 weeks, they are behind their schedule. I am sure they can catch up but as of just 2.5 months ago they expected to have 15 floors poured by the end of June.

I just went back several pages. In late March (see post # 2108) a 3 month construction schedule for April-June was posted by the developer on its website. That schedule had them completing 15 floors in that 3 month period! Unless they can do 8-9 floors in the next 3 weeks, they are behind their schedule. I am sure they can catch up but as of just 2.5 months ago they expected to have 15 floors poured by the end of June.

Maybe all the rain has slowed them down?

They were pushing the 5th level 8 weeks ago, (around April 10th).

Pics are from last weekend. Click in to make them larger.

IMG_5752 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_5765 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
This has been painfully slow, I thought it would pop up quickly after it got above ground.

This has been painfully slow, I thought it would pop up quickly after it got above ground.

It's going to be similar to the Millenium Tower. The podium floors go slow, then once the floors become 'typical' it will speed up.

Everyone, take a deep breath all the way in through the nose...hold for a second and then exhale through the mouth, letting all the stress and anxiety out. Repeat 10 times.

I am just as excited for this project as I am for stuff like Tower Verre and 220 CPS in NYC. Let's be happy it is in motion.

Concrete is slow to rise but has other advantages that are worth the wait. Kinda like chocolate chip cookies.

cca

DZH22:

Love that shot down Dalton St. with the Bukowski in the foreground!

How much of a time difference per floor is it between cement construction and all steel construction on a tower like this?

Also, do they use a pump to get the cement up that high?

So they are going to pour 5-6 floors in the next 10 days? Not happening although I think we will see a solid 2 more floors in that time.

2 days per floor is not unheard of for reinforced concrete construction on typical floors.

Back