Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Re: Christian Science Church Center Renovation/ New Towers

From the Globe:
science_building__1274215996_9029-1.jpg

Articles:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/busine...t-gets-city/HcOWXQciHC7Oe9OTGnMSHL/index.html

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1359634&srvc=business&position=2

I'll be surprsied if we get a 500'+ here and 600'+ at Copley. Its good news so far though.

And once again stevil at boston globe spews his nonsense. Love the fact that he's again resorting to his disingenuous worry of flooding the market with luxury residential units on a project where the use has not even been determined. Anyone else still questioning that he isn't just using these sad excuses to push his agenda through?

I'll be surprsied if we get a 500'+ here and 600'+ at Copley. Its good news so far though.

Kevin White at the Big ralley ... "You want Paaaaahk Plazzza I want Paaaaak Plazza...' -- and the dream lives on - we will get an ersatz 'High Spine" -- great for the Cambridge side photos

Yes, the Reflecting Pool is always emptied for the winter. Ice would damage it.

There was plenty of ice and snow on it from this rough winter. I think the real reason they drain it is so people don't ice skate on it, which is a major liability.

I understood the issue to be wind spraying near freezing water off the pool and onto pedestrians during late Fall/early Winter.

And once again stevil at boston globe spews his nonsense. Love the fact that he's again resorting to his disingenuous worry of flooding the market with luxury residential units on a project where the use has not even been determined. Anyone else still questioning that he isn't just using these sad excuses to push his agenda through?

Oh, he's very concerned about diluting the luxury market -- it would devalue his own property. But what he says about taxes makes no sense, though he talks it up well.

I understood the issue to be wind spraying near freezing water off the pool and onto pedestrians during late Fall/early Winter.

There are many issues as I understand, but it was originally designed to be full year round. The concerns certainly were never that of ice on the pool. There is a heating system for it and the garage below is heated as well.

Church Selects Broker for Next Phase of Christian Science Plaza Project

http://hfflp.com/GetDocument.aspx?DT=DealDocument&ID=40990

Nothing earth shattering, but it's good to see that the project is progressing.

Office -- actually I think there is something fairly important in what is ordinarily a bland Press Release:

"Belvidere/Dalton Development Sites. The PDA Master Plan approved the following building sizes for
the Belvidere/Dalton development sites across from the Hilton and Sheraton Hotels:
○ Belvidere/Dalton High-Rise: approximately 600,000 square feet with maximum height of 512 feet.
○ Belvidere/Dalton Mid-Rise: approximately 200,000 square feet with maximum height of 251 feet.
Specific building designs for the Belvidere/Dalton sites will go through the City’s Article 80 public review
process before construction would begin....."

In keeping with the recent fast-tracking of projects -- especially in the 'High Spine" zone of the Back Bay

I'll bet that at least one of these is fully permitted and ready to build by October 2013

I'll go further on a limb and bet one of these is a hotel -- possiby integrated by the "Trans-Belvidere Gerbil Tube" into the Pru "City under Glass"

I'll go further on a limb and bet one of these is a hotel -- possiby integrated by the "Trans-Belvidere Gerbil Tube" into the Pru "City under Glass"

Hotel was already confirmed I thought. No gerbil tube, though. They don't have anything to threaten the city with the way Liberty Mutual did.

It wouldnt be a whighlander post without gerbil tubes. I am beginning to think of starting another drinking game to go with the rifleman stadium one.

Do you watch a lot of futurama? ;)

It wouldnt be a whighlander post without gerbil tubes. I am beginning to think of starting another drinking game to go with the rifleman stadium one.

Do you watch a lot of futurama? ;)

Not particularly -- but I've had the "pleasure" of wandering about in Gerbil Tubes in many places including:
1) Minneapolis
2) Calgary
3) Louisville
4) London
5) a number of Internatinal Airports (including every foot at Logan)
6) and of course Boston Copley & Pru
7) some open bridges with a roof in Singapore

so I've become a bit of a connoisseur

Not particularly -- but I've had the "pleasure" of wandering about in Gerbil Tubes in many places including:
1) Minneapolis
2) Calgary
3) Louisville
4) London
5) a number of Internatinal Airports (including every foot at Logan)
6) and of course Boston Copley & Pru
7) some open bridges with a roof in Singapore

so I've become a bit of a connoisseur

I know they serve a purpose. Especially in cold places like Calgary and Minneapolis. Toronto has a whole city the size of Boston underground it seems. But other than that, I feel like they look very antiseptic and make the building have an insular focus. I would much rather a focus on good street level interaction, even if it is outside in the cold.

Funny, I have always enjoyed the bridge between the Pru and Copley Place! To me, it's very urbane, stylish, well thought out, and damn convenient way to continue the shopping/eating/walking experience from the Pru to Copley Place!

Funny, I have always enjoyed the bridge between the Pru and Copley Place! To me, it's very urbane, stylish, well thought out, and damn convenient way to continue the shopping/eating/walking experience from the Pru to Copley Place!

No offense, but you are from Atlanta. Your perception of gerbil tubes is skewed to all hell.

That said, the Pru<>Copley Place connector is brilliant. Without it, neither of the malls would be as successful as they are today.

No offense, but you are from Atlanta. Your perception of gerbil tubes is skewed to all hell.

That said, the Pru<>Copley Place connector is brilliant. Without it, neither of the malls would be as successful as they are today.

Data, I LIVE in Atlanta but I'm originally from the Boston area and visit often! Not only do I love the gerbil tube at the Pru but also the walkways at Logan! Having said that, I do love the whole city/street experience when in Boston, it's what makes Boston such a great town! Atlanta is nothing like Boston when it comes to having an urban feel! However, Atlanta is beginning to learn the value of ground level retail in intown highrises. The new highrise residentials on Peachtree were built with literally thousands of square feet of retail/restaurant/supermarket space on their street levels, a complaint I hear from many on this board that is lacking in many of the new residential buildings in Boston! BTW, glad you agree with my assessment of the Pru bridges! :)

Data, I LIVE in Atlanta but I'm originally from the Boston area and visit often! Not only do I love the gerbil tube at the Pru but also the walkways at Logan! Having said that, I do love the whole city/street experience when in Boston, it's what makes Boston such a great town! Atlanta is nothing like Boston when it comes to having an urban feel! However, Atlanta is beginning to learn the value of ground level retail in intown highrises. The new highrise residentials on Peachtree were built with literally thousands of square feet of retail/restaurant/supermarket space on their street levels, a complaint I hear from many on this board that is lacking in many of the new residential buildings in Boston! BTW, glad you agree with my assessment of the Pru bridges! :)
I'm glad they are fixing their urban condition. The city was the prime example of anti-urbanity for quite a while.

The material they use to build the mock-ups has always reminded me of the sanitary bars they put in men's urinals.

The material they use to build the mock-ups has always reminded me of the sanitary bars they put in men's urinals.

It's the CNC composite.

Back