Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

JumboBuc

Reaction score
LMGTFY. by all reports i could find (i didn't spend hours), the church of scientology is worth about half of what the four seasons operation is worth. and while the two (of many) links to support that which i chose are both not within the past six months or anything, there is also plenty out there to suggest that the church has been losing considerable $$$ in recent years (like most chuches) while FS has been gaining revenue. the math doesn't necessarily suggest "this organization is 2x as valuable as the other organization, so their legal representation is bound to be twice as good," but i stand by my original statement.
Woah, didn't think my benign comment would spark such a strong reaction. I didn't mean to start an argument at all - just sharing a random thought that I wouldn't assume that Four Seasons has a stronger legal team than the church. This was a $65.6 million deal; both parties were surely well-represented.

But also, Christian Scientists and Scientologists are not the same thing at all. Totally different unrelated organizations with totally different beliefs.
I'm sure both have excellent legal teams and this is a stupid pissing match.
Agreed.

Last edited:

cjbski

Reaction score
The One Dalton/Suffolk team should be embarrassed that they can't close up those 7 panels of glass. And equally embarrassed that the sidewalk on Dalton still isn't anywhere close to being done.

I think they're replacing some other cracked windows on the building before the plywood which may be part of the delay. But it's getting RIDICULOUS.

Suffolk 83

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure no one else in the free world cares about 7 panels of plywood other than folks who post here

goody

Reaction score
Honestly, if someone just painted them to match the glazing so they dont stand out from the rest of the facade. Its just not a good look for a luxury building to go this long with what are clearly temp protections.

Last edited:

DZH22

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure no one else in the free world cares about 7 panels of plywood other than folks who post here
People who are not in the know actually think the plywood is part of the building's final design! I hear it a lot.