Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I'd also pint out if these were gasoline tanks, and the land was owned by Gulf, and sold by Gulf, high probability that Gulf would have removed gasoline tanks before any sale was finalized.

4/8 pic taken by a friend of mine.

17087002501_7e40018301_s.jpg
[/url]Boston - 30 Dalton and Four Seasons under construction.

It's been so long since I have posted a pic that, unless Flicker has changed how to share photos, I cannot remember how to get this to appear larger, and without the link.

Thanks DZ. I will give that a try when I post this photo in the 30 Dalton St thread.

Seems all they're doing is digging a bunch of holes and pouring concrete into them and covering them up.

HOJ5AI7.jpg

uY4xyZ8.jpg

-dave

Looks like they're just using it as lay down space/wash out area. For the time being.

Can you explain what this means and why they are pouring concrete into holes?

DZH --- just a speculation but the BiG Dig did some mixing of cement into soil to stabilize it

http://www.geotimes.org/oct02/feature_bigdig.html
Geotimes

Digging up Boston: The Big Dig Builds on Centuries of Geological Engineering

Bradford A. Miller

Soil stabilization methods that allowed deep excavations to proceed while reducing the possibility of lateral or vertical ground displacement included ground freezing (with recirculating pipes containing superchilled brine); jet grout underpinning (injecting cement-based or chemical grout into permeable soils that later harden and strengthen the soil); and soil mixing (that incorporates cement and the existing soils with a series of paddle-like mixers mounted on a specialized drilling rig) which strengthens the soil overall.

By the way the article though brief is quite comprehensive on the history of geotech & foundations in Boston

Can you explain what this means and why they are pouring concrete into holes?

A lay down area is just a space designated for storing & staging materials.

A washout area is a site that's designated for concrete trucks rinse out their trucks & chutes. If you look at the picture below, there's the guy on the back of the truck with a hose peering in. As you can imagine, concrete trucks are not easy to clean out once everything sets up. Mike Rowe did a dirty jobs on that once.

A lay down area is just a space designated for storing & staging materials.

A washout area is a site that's designated for concrete trucks rinse out their trucks & chutes. If you look at the picture below, there's the guy on the back of the truck with a hose peering in. As you can imagine, concrete trucks are not easy to clean out once everything sets up. Mike Rowe did a dirty jobs on that once.

Bob -- from where are the trucks coming and why are they dumping / cleaning at this location?

Bob -- from where are the trucks coming and why are they dumping / cleaning at this location?

They're coming from 30 Dalton. Take a look at this photo below, it looks like some rebar going up, so I assume they've started some kind of pour. I haven't been down to the site, and I'm not well versed in foundations so I'm not exactly sure what is being poured.

They're coming from 30 Dalton. Take a look at this photo below, it looks like some rebar going up, so I assume they've started some kind of pour. I haven't been down to the site, and I'm not well versed in foundations so I'm not exactly sure what is being poured.

No, they are not coming from 30 Dalton. In fact, 30 Dalton didn't have a concrete pour today, those trucks you see are all supplying a type of concrete called flow-fill to the One Dalton site, and the cleaning out on One Dalton is from concrete trucks delivering to One Dalton. 30 Dalton does not clean out its trucks at One Dalton, that's for sure!

Back