Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

It'd be nice to see some tangible progress here, I never trust these things before they're above ground

It'd be nice to see some tangible progress here, I never trust these things before they're above ground

Agreed. I asked on the last page what the chances are this gets above ground before the end of the year and was told it was not going to happen. I too share your skepticism and I don't even trust these things until they are 51% built. :)

How will Four Seasons manage the two properties in Boston? I know they have multiple properties in bigger cities which tend to be spread out more (London, Shanghai, LA, Istanbul, ect.), but I'm curious to see how they'll approach the marketing and culture of the two properties here.

Also, what will they name the properties?

"Four Seasons Boston Common," and "Four Seasons Back Bay"?

I keep wondering whether they will, like the Ritz, abandon the older property to another company.

I keep wondering whether they will, like the Ritz, abandon the older property to another company.

This is what I would guess is going to happen. I know Boston is hot right now, but my guess is that the current Four Seasons will be sold and re-branded.

This is what I would guess is going to happen. I know Boston is hot right now, but my guess is that the current Four Seasons will be sold and re-branded.

Hmmmmm, the owners of the condo's in the Residences of the Four Seasons definitely would protest (and most likely sue) any rebranding since the Four Season's brand stands for an extremely high end product and any rebranding would probably cause the owner's property values to drop! Not a good thing.

http://www.luxuryboston.com/Four-Seasons

atlantaden, I believe you are right. The owners of residences at the Four Seasons bought those properties partly on the basis that certain amenities and services would be provided by the Four Seasons hotel. The Four Seasons markets and sells Four Season residences to its client/customer base.

atlantaden, I believe you are right. The owners of residences at the Four Seasons bought those properties partly on the basis that certain amenities and services would be provided by the Four Seasons hotel. The Four Seasons markets and sells Four Season residences to its client/customer base.

Stell -- exactly -- the new tower at 1 Dalton is officially known as
Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences One Dalton Street

Can someone confirm that the ::existing:: Four Seasons and the under-construction Four Seasons are, in fact, owned by the same company?

PS. Whomever owns the buildings are, of course, not necessarily who it is who run the hotels. I dunno.

Not much happening here, but I took a couple shots to illustrate how much distance is-- from some angles-- between this and the Pru, I just think it's intriguing:
19932430726_2b4f90c2ef_c.jpg

19958642525_4a9214042d_c.jpg

The location (and views) are very hard to beat for any hotel or condo.

FS usually has 50-year management contracts with the hotel/property owners.

I would argue the FS brand carries the highest premium price wise in the luxury hotel/condo property.

BTW, isn't the current FS Boston property the company's first property in the US and outside of Canada when it began?

^Looks like the foundation is where the yellow railing is. That used to just be a loading dock ramp judging from earlier pictures. Looks like they're doing work, just slowly.

I did not snap a picture but there was a ton of work going on here last Friday afternoon

It looked like there were two cranes, one small and one medium sized

I have ZERO expertise in construction but i bet you will start to see frame go up soon is my guess

As far as I remember the only work below ground is reconfiguring the entrance to a parking garage that already exists, not building a new one, and the foundation itself. I would expect it to start rising this coming winter depending on weather.

Back