Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Wasn't 40 Trinity supposed to get going awhile ago? I wonder what has caused that one to stall.

since this thread has already been bumped, anyone want to hazard a guess as to when this one starts to rise? It's very hard to tell from the few, mostly outdated pics of the site. Any chance it will be above ground before year end?

since this thread has already been bumped, anyone want to hazard a guess as to when this one starts to rise? It's very hard to tell from the few, mostly outdated pics of the site. Any chance it will be above ground before year end?

NO.

Curious as to why the Simon tower isn't reflective on this model?

It's simply not in the scope of the model. It appears to cut off at Huntington Avenue. Copley Place isn't shown at all because it's on the other side of Huntington.

This is going to look so weird. Wasn't that model for the 691'? It looks like the 3rd building is in there as well, unless I'm confusing it with the Berklee dorm.

I still wish they built that Boylston tower. Better spacing between it and the Pru as well.

I'm curious when we find out if this thing is breaking 700' or not. (also, on a similar note, curious about Avalon North Station's final height) I feel like they should know this by now.

This is going to look so weird. Wasn't that model for the 691'? It looks like the 3rd building is in there as well, unless I'm confusing it with the Berklee dorm.

I still wish they built that Boylston tower. Better spacing between it and the Pru as well.

I'm curious when we find out if this thing is breaking 700' or not. (also, on a similar note, curious about Avalon North Station's final height) I feel like they should know this by now.

I think we know it's breaking 700'. We've estimated it at approx. 730' with the mechanical levels.

I think we know it's breaking 700'. We've estimated it at approx. 730' with the mechanical levels.

It doesn't look anywhere near that in the models. I want confirmation, not conjecture. This information should be available somewhere.

It doesn't look anywhere near that in the models. I want confirmation, not conjecture. This information should be available somewhere.

It isn't always. Given that there's at least 1-2 floors worth of mechanical screen above 691', and that the renders show a roof height roughly in line with the Pru, I don't think we're far off.

9ft of mechanicals? That seems small.
I'm reviewing a design for a Four Seasons (not Boston); mechanicals are on the lower floors, because premium prices are paid for space up high with a view. Thus the "mechanicals" on top of the highest occupied floor are the elevator overruns and vent stacks.

It was originally reported at 691 but everything recently has been saying 699.

I'd be shocked if this isn't at least 700. Isn't the 691 the floor height of the last occupiable floor as is customary in Boston zoning documents?

Is there any reason they just didn't go for new tallest at this location? To come that close...

Yeah, that's the new Berklee dorm.

The Parcel 12 building and (if it ever gets built) the proposed Berklee building at the corner of Mass Ave and Boylston will do a good job at balancing out the skyline impact from this one.

How will Four Seasons manage the two properties in Boston? I know they have multiple properties in bigger cities which tend to be spread out more (London, Shanghai, LA, Istanbul, ect.), but I'm curious to see how they'll approach the marketing and culture of the two properties here.

Also, what will they name the properties?

"Four Seasons Boston Common," and "Four Seasons Back Bay"?

Last edited:

Back