Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Slurrywall foundation first, then deep excavation, before they can start vertical from the bottom.

Can't they go both down and up at the same time on slurry wall? I believe that I have seen that in several places around Boston.

I think you folks are confusing this with the Copley Tower.

Moto, can you reconcile your information with this article that says it's supposed to be completed in 2017? If it isn't even out of the ground for 16 more months, that time-table is impossible.

Don't believe what you read in the paper.

Moto, can you reconcile your information with this article that says it's supposed to be completed in 2017? If it isn't even out of the ground for 16 more months, that time-table is impossible.

Millennium Tower is coming up on 2 years since they re-stated construction and they still have another what? 10 months until it's done? I would agree, how can this thing be done by 2017?

Millennium Tower is coming up on 2 years since they re-stated construction and they still have another what? 10 months until it's done? I would agree, how can this thing be done by 2017?

Millenium had substantial demolition and preparation work and did have a huge sub basement component that needed to be completed before the Tower could start to rise.

Millenium had substantial demolition and preparation work and did have a huge sub basement component that needed to be completed before the Tower could start to rise.

Millennium's concrete pour began on 4/26/2014 and as of 8/6/2015 it's up 48 out of 56 floors. That puts it on pace for roughly 18 months from pouring the basement floor to topping out. Of course Millennium and Four Seasons aren't the same--Millennium had more of a basement build out and an epically bad winter while Four Seasons will be taller--but I'd expect the two buildings to rise over a similar timeline. Given that it's already August and excavation hasn't really even begun for Four Seasons, I doubt the basement floor will be poured in 2015. That puts us into the second half of 2017 before the building is even topped out, and then it has to be finished to "uber luxury" standards.

Millennium's concrete pour began on 4/26/2014 and as of 8/6/2015 it's up 48 out of 56 floors. That puts it on pace for roughly 18 months from pouring the basement floor to topping out. Of course Millennium and Four Seasons aren't the same--Millennium had more of a basement build out and an epically bad winter while Four Seasons will be taller--but I'd expect the two buildings to rise over a similar timeline. Given that it's already August and excavation hasn't really even begun for Four Seasons, I doubt the basement floor will be poured in 2015. That puts us into the second half of 2017 before the building is even topped out, and then it has to be finished to "uber luxury" standards.

Jumbo -- you seem to have an inside track on this one and on MT construction -- Not worried about the completion and move in -- I doubt that I'll be seen in either tower outside of the public spaces -- But for the construction groupy in all of us

What is your best guess for the Topping of MT and the topping of Four Seasons?

Here are mine in order [the complete pool of the tall ones already in some way underway]:

• 1 MT -- October this year
  • 2 North Station Avalon Bay --- March 2016
  • 3 Four Seasons -- July 2017
  • 4 Copley -- 2018

all the rest are too too speculative

Wow that is amazing thank you for sharing that must be one hell of a mechanical screen just like Millennium tower.

I don't believe this is correct. In none of the renderings does One Dalton look as tall as the Prudential Tower.

Actually, as I had pointed out earlier in this thread, this angle of this rendering does make it look like it's at the same height as the Pru so it would not surprise me if the tower ends up at 750 ft.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-14-at-9.41.13-AM.png

Actually, as I had pointed out earlier in this thread, this angle of this rendering does make it look like it's at the same height as the Pru so it would not surprise me if the tower ends up at 750 ft.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-14-at-9.41.13-AM.png

Of course you can't really think of the Pru without its Antenna as the Red lights at the Top of the antenna are at least 900 feet up

http://worldradiomap.com/us-ma/boston
Prudential Tower

Coordinates: 42°20'50" N, 71°04'57" W ; Ground Elevation AMSL: 12 ft (3.6 m), Antenna Height: 907 ft (276.4 m)
The Prudential Tower, also known as the Prudential Building, is a skyscraper in Boston, Massachusetts. The building, a part of the Prudential Center complex, currently stands as the 2nd-tallest building in Boston, behind the John Hancock Tower. Completed in 1964, the building is 749 feet (228 m) tall, with 52 floors. Including its radio mast, the tower stands as the tallest building in Boston and is tied with others as the 77th-tallest in the United States, rising to 907 feet (276 m) in height.
prudential_06.jpg
ltg.jpg

The Globe article is suspect - they also showed the Peli office tower rendering for Congress Street but cited the residential tower's height of 480 feet.

I think they made that mistake for the Congress Street development because it was the only building with an individual and clear render even though it is starting after the residential tower. But the heights for all the towers that have confirmed heights are correct so I can't be positive but I am hoping they are right.

Damn...just stick a nice spire on top of this sucker and go for a new tallest! Is there a significant cost to adding spires or other ornamentation? Why don't more builders dress up their buildings? Imagine the Hancock in Chicago without its double spires...totally different look (aka boring).

Back