Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

i'm sure some of you have me beat by at least a decade, but, i've been saying in the globe since last fall that we should do a 1 Liberty type thing in Back Bay for a new tallest.

Of course, like everyone, i have a favorite design type.... i like a ~68 story asymmetrical/Citi-type spire oriented to the least intrusive angle for Copley Sq – but still look huge from the Airport, Brookline, Newton, Allston, Watertown, Quincy, etc. w/ tip topping just over 1000', deck of top occupied floor; 788', top of mech screen; 852'.

i see one of Boston's last chances for a supertall just off the south facing wall of Sheraton North Tower. 1 Dalton notwithstanding, the center parcel + the North Tower parcel would combine to form a near perfect skyscraper site. There aren't many buildings i'd rather see come down that unforgivable, '60s horror.:)

Last edited:
This is going to be quite the "Boston" view when this tower is finished. A dramatic glass tower and the brick row homes

Indeed. That's why they rendered it :)

Four-Seasons_4_(c)PCF&P.jpg

Last Thursday a good part of the Mass Pike extension was blocked off for hauling in an enormous crane segment around midnight. It looked comical.

Tobyjug -- it's going to be a good summer down by the Christian Science Church -- the religious experience of a Tall Crane -- ah ecstasy :cool:

"FOR THE RECORD":

First above-grade concrete was placed in a portion of the cap beam (shown with all the rebar in the photos) along Belvidere St. on TUESDAY MAY 31, 2016!

It includes high ceilings – ranging in height from 11 to 14 feet – marbled bathrooms and top of the line finishes, as well as a representation of the spectacular 360-degree views One Dalton will boast after it opens. The $750 million tower will be topped with a trio of 8,000-square-foot penthouses, each with its own private elevator entrance. A private restaurant is also planned for the 50th floor, with a 70-foot indoor pool that will be the longest in Boston.

http://realestate.boston.com/luxury...seasons-tower-expected-shatter-price-records/

It includes high ceilings – ranging in height from 11 to 14 feet – marbled bathrooms and top of the line finishes, as well as a representation of the spectacular 360-degree views One Dalton will boast after it opens. The $750 million tower will be topped with a trio of 8,000-square-foot penthouses, each with its own private elevator entrance. A private restaurant is also planned for the 50th floor, with a 70-foot indoor pool that will be the longest in Boston.

http://realestate.boston.com/luxury...seasons-tower-expected-shatter-price-records/

70 foot pool is the longest indoor pool in Boston? They must mean in a residential tower. The standard pool length for competitive swimming in the US is 25 yards (75ft) and there a bunch of indoor pools that long in the city.

70 foot pool is the longest indoor pool in Boston? They must mean in a residential tower. The standard pool length for competitive swimming in the US is 25 yards (75ft) and there a bunch of indoor pools that long in the city.

Well.
If not the longest, it will undoubtedly be the highest.

Back