Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

The difference between the renders (online and on site), which show a blue tint, and then the reality, which is shown both by the actuality of 30 Dalton and the sampler show Vader rising. This building will NOT be blue.

I truely hope so, were getting saturated. Dark glass would be a very welcomed addition. It just looks serious. 30 dalton is blue but just very dark, which is a nice change up for the city. For a while we didn't have enough blue glass, but now were reaching the point where its almost everywhere. Copley tower was supposed to legitimately be black, but that was also changed to blue. I think the Hancock more than holds down the back bay in this regard along with r2d2.

Last edited:
came across this on linkedin with the caption:
Welch's Gradall XL 3200 being flown into the hole on One Dalton with the CAT 345C in the foreground
dab12494-ba29-4633-ae57-f5269d2a61c7-original.jpeg

Yes. i saw an excavator climb a near vertical wall with a winch off a boom at Toyoltita, Durango (for servicing) - but that was probably close to 300 feet!!

i'm not sure that would be done in USA!

^^^Thank you davec I have been waiting for you to post. The hole is too deep to get an angle to the bottom without an elevated view. We'll be relying on you until this starts filling back in!

Anybody on here know anything about the pour? i.e. Is it going to be continuous like Millenium's? When is the pour scheduled? Are they going to need a large pour for this?

Anybody on here know anything about the pour? i.e. Is it going to be continuous like Millenium's? When is the pour scheduled? Are they going to need a large pour for this?

It will be continuous, mat slabs have to be. No idea about schedule, and I'm going to venture my best guess on the quantity.

Figuring 6,000SF site, I'm guessing a 6' deep slab, I came up with roughly ~1,300 cu yds, round it up to 1,500 cu yds for the hell of it. Very rough guesstimating on my part, please feel free to double check.

Anyone know if the pour will be bigger or smaller than MT?

Anyone know if the pour will be bigger or smaller than MT?

If bobthebuilder's calculations are even somewhat correct, it won't be close. MT's pour was over 6,000 cubic yards.

Back