Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

If bobthebuilder's calculations are even somewhat correct, it won't be close. MT's pour was over 6,000 cubic yards.

Money -- Still anything in the range of 1200 - 1500 cu yards is an epic pour

at about 10 cu yd per fully laden concrete ready mix truck -- that's at least 100 and possibly 150 trucks @ 10 minutes to unload a truck you are talking from between 1000 and 1500 minutes or between 16 and 25 hours of continuous trucks arriving and pouring

An Epic Pour in anyone's book :cool:

Any guesses as to when we might see this above ground? Sometime in 2016?

Who is doing the foundation work? Do they have a Twitter account? Don't these guys realize people want daily photos of the progress?????

Who is doing the foundation work? Do they have a Twitter account? Don't these guys realize people want daily photos of the progress?????

I heard that this core mat slab concrete will be placed this THU 9/29, 900 cy and 7 feet thick.

Trevi Icos Corp....

Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences, One Dalton Street

http://www.treviicos.com/viewdoc.asp?co_id=4518

April 24, 2015

Boston skyline is about to add a new major feature. A 65-story tower that soars 760 ft (230 m) into the Boston Sky. TREVIICOS succeeded in securing the full foundations and site work package for the new tower. TREVIICOS will be working as the main contractor for the package under the Construction Manager, Suffolk Construction. The new tower will consist of ultra-high-end hotel and condominiums managed by Four Seasons Hotel. The tower is located in the heart of the famous Back Bay area a few steps away from the Charles River, Symphony Hall and the finish line of the legendary Boston Marathon

The project by developer Carpenter & Co. will make Boston one of only a handful of cities in the world with two Four Seasons hotels. The others include London, Shanghai, Instanbul, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

The architects shaped the building in an equilateral triangle with rounded corners, a form that is designed to mirror the geometry of the neighboring Christian Science Mother Church. Its hotel rooms and condos will feature sweeping views of the Back Bay skyline, the Fenway, and the Charles River.

The $700 million tower is founded on a series of very deep rectangular load bearing elements. The load bearing elements will be excavated using a hydromill to a depth of approximately 190 ft (58 m) including approximately 16 ft (5 m) into hard rock. The building will also include three below grade level supported by a combination of diaphragm wall and a secant pile wall. With construction that is starting imminently, the hotel and residences are expected to be completed in 2017.

Looks like it's begun!

pv7SqsL.jpg

0Nix1sG.jpg

Nice white pants by the way.

(is that what I am seeing?)

cca

Nice white pants by the way.

(is that what I am seeing?)

cca

I was staring at the picture wondering the same thing!!

Do we a shirt tucked into pants with a belt?

-OR-

Is it just a dry patch on otherwise wet concrete?

I am 99.8% positive it's the former, but there is that smidgen of doubt.

^^^Great, now you guys have scared him off, just when the need for his pics has reached a fever pitch!

Trevi Icos Corp....

The load bearing elements will be excavated using a hydromill to a depth of approximately 190 ft (58 m) including approximately 16 ft (5 m) into hard rock.

Odurandia -- so somewhere inside the outer walls there must be a 'Glory Hole" as the foundation mat is only about 10-12m down

Odurandia -- so somewhere inside the outer walls there must be a 'Glory Hole" as the foundation mat is only about 10-12m down

No. They installed the LBEs using the same slurrywall method that they used for the perimeter earth retention/water cutoff walls. They excavated for all slurrywall & LBEs from grade. After completion of all slurrywall & LBEs they began excavating to below the bottom of the lowest slab, say 3 1/2 floors down. As they excavated each bench they installed the temporary walers and braces you see in the photos. As the slabs are installed from the bottom up they will start removing the temp braces. This recent pour was the core mat slab supported by the core LBEs.

I've seen renderings of the Dalton Tower. Typical modern Boston Skyscraper, boring and nondescript, but inoffensive.

I've seen renderings of the Dalton Tower. Typical modern Boston Skyscraper, boring and nondescript, but inoffensive.

^I am withholding judgment until I see the finished $700 million product towering in front of me. What I find interesting is that the 789' tall 64/story Four Seasons/Miami (only) :) cost $280 million to build in 2003. This one is $700 mil! Is ours that much more opulent, or is it labor costs that push it so high?

Back