Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Some renderings, especially interior shots, that I don't think have been posted here (or at least recently)

inside-one-dalton-6.jpg

inside-one-dalton-1.jpg

inside-one-dalton-7.jpg

inside-one-dalton-5.jpg

inside-one-dalton-2.jpg

inside-one-dalton-3.jpg

Its because its a lot closer to where the picture is taken from. Its going to be 755' 6' taller than the Pru.

As a swimmer, that curved lap pool would drive me nuts. Aesthetically, it looks great. Functionally, not so much. However, as someone who doesn't have access to any sort of pool in my building, I'd take it.

Are you sure about the height? I know everyone on this board has been saying that it would be taller than the Pru, but a recent Boston Business Journal article said it would be 740 feet tall, not that I trust them to get it right.

Are you sure about the height? I know everyone on this board has been saying that it would be taller than the Pru, but a recent Boston Business Journal article said it would be 740 feet tall, not that I trust them to get it right.

Yes. Also, I approached the construction foreman on site a few months ago and he confirmed it would be taller than the Pru.

Here's the 756' to the highest point:
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=206595301&row=1

Here's the 856' to the antenna:
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=206595303&row=0

Here's the 920' for the crane:
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=277195599&row=1

It probably doesn't show the antenna because it isn't technically part of the structure. (ie it isn't part of the "official height") But it looks like there will be one in the end.

35' more and you have the tallest building in New England. As a developer, wouldn't you just go for it? Boggles my mind.

I dont think its the right spot in my opinion for the tallest. It would create a wall at the end of our skyline. Id rather see our tallest in a cluster, which would work perfectly at the dalton st garage once this goes up and the pike parcels. Those parcels along with 2 charlesgate will create a taper away. I think that would be a much better effect overall. Who knows maybe Simon sells the copley plot and we get it there...that would be a great spot. Highly unlikely though. It will come one day though and Boston is very good at contextualizing the skyline. We dont have the greatest skyscrapers of all time in any way besides the Hancock, but we know how to make what we have work to create an incredible skyline. Our skyline is more about the sum of its parts including the water, brick, trees...etc.

35' more and you have the tallest building in New England. As a developer, wouldn't you just go for it? Boggles my mind.

No, because that means 35 ft of extra cost. Developers don't develop for height, they develop for money. It's the same reason why developers are not proposing 800 ft towers for every project in Boston. It's simple.

Its because its a lot closer to where the picture is taken from.
lol

I understand that, but I was thinking more from a marketing perspective. Do you know how many rich dbags out there are obsessed with status and ego? ("Well, I live in the TALLEST building in all of New England. Where do you live? Oh, the Millennium Tower? That mid-rise? So passé.")

It was approved to 699' plus mech, so everything above the 699' becomes unoccupiable space. (already 57' worth) It also likely would have met more resistance if people actually realized that:
a. It's taller than the Pru
b. It's the tallest building in Boston!

While the first part is true, it has gone mostly unreported in a way that the second part would not.

I understand that, but I was thinking more from a marketing perspective. Do you know how many rich dbags out there are obsessed with status and ego? ("Well, I live in the TALLEST building in all of New England. Where do you live? Oh, the Millennium Tower? That mid-rise? So passé.")
If they did, they would go to NYC first before Boston. Developers don't have trouble selling the units they are selling now so no there's probably nothing additional from a marketing perspective. Give me a break.

I'm so glad developers aren't like you, otherwise every city would be full of 1000 foot towers with one single residential unit at the top so that every rich egotistic person will have a penthouse to look down from.

Bostons been here long before us and will be here long after. Theres a finite amount of space. Enjoy the boom while its here, its unprecedented.

As a swimmer, that curved lap pool would drive me nuts. Aesthetically, it looks great. Functionally, not so much. However, as someone who doesn't have access to any sort of pool in my building, I'd take it.

+1

Back