Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Its a crane.. look back at Beeline's first photo from that update. There is a jib, trolley, and counterweight. Its hard to see the cab from that angle but it definitely is hoisting some type of form work.

Ha! I stand corrected. Don't know how I missed that photo.

beeline said:
30235959633_1e45a3d740_b.jpg

Forgive me if I'm wrong when I'm reading the Construction Management Plan, but there's nothing about a second crane, and as somebody earlier pointed out, (I forget who) the larger red crane isn't in the position indicated by either Plan A or B.

Stefalarchitect -- I guess that's the difference between a plan and execution or between an architect and a project manager responsible for turning the architect's & engineers plans into steel, concrete and glass

No less a master at the plan than General of the Armies Dwight David Eisenhower -“Plans Are Useless, But Planning Is Indispensable”

"That's correct. They had planned to share the crane between 1 & 30 Dalton"

WOW!! THAT is not true!

"That's correct. They had planned to share the crane between 1 & 30 Dalton"

WOW!! THAT is not true!

I could have sworn that I had read or heard somewhere (maybe an approval/BCDC meeting?) that the position of the crane was originally planned as such that they could use it for both. But as I preempted, "iirc." Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I keep seeing these cranes that are within the footing of the buildings but always forget to ask: how do they handle these as the towers go up? Are they always secured to the ground and there's holes in each floor? Does the crane get anchored to new floors each time and the bottom part dissembled? Do they do it every ten floors or something?

The cranes are actually jacked up from where they are anchored, often inside the elevator shafts, every couple floors or so. That way extra tower sections don't have to be handled.

Is that just bad photo merging? Seussian.

Yes - I use an iPhone 5c set to panorama mode to get those wide angle shots. Any movement causes the stitching to be off. The cement boom arm was moving at the time.

-dave

I don't see why they would run into an issue with months end. Aren't they just doing the decking for the parking garage and the elevator core? If that is the case, with their current progress I think, hope, that they will be mid-level one by the first week of December.

Horrific cellphone picture, but mark 11/17 as the day that steel rods made it above ground level. Still 1 more basement floor to go.

Photo1580 by David Z, on Flickr

What is the height of this tower? Different sources waver between 690 and 710.

The most common figure I've seen is 699.

between 755' and 756' to the top.

About 6 feet taller than the Pru.

Back