Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

MT would have been incredible if it was lit. The good thing is that nothing is stopping it from happening in the future. The crown is glass and someone would just have to install some lights up there.

MT would have been incredible if it was lit. The good thing is that nothing is stopping it from happening in the future. The crown is glass and someone would just have to install some lights up there.

here's hoping

i wouldn't be surprised if, like MT, the concern about complaints from those paying for the absolute most expensive penthouse units makes a lighted crown prohibitive.

although if (again like MT) the roof is surrounded by a non-roofed mechanical screen/penthouse then you could have the interior of that topmost space lit, with the lighting facing up and not out. wish MT would do that.

although maybe the concern would be with distracting airplanes/pilots(?). i feel like a solution could be arrived at that wouldn't upset the ultra-rich penthouse-dwellers OR the FAA.

whenever i visit other cities -- including those considerably smaller and less important than boston -- i'm shocked and disappointed by how "dark" our skyline is. i know i've read others say they like the dark (and therefore serious/mysterious/distinctive) boston skyline, but it really just seems very out-of-date to me.

A M E N !

i know i've read others say they like the dark (and therefore serious/mysterious/distinctive) boston skyline, but it really just seems very out-of-date to me.

IMO, neon-drenched skyscrapers in other cities are far more "out-of-date."

IMO, neon-drenched skyscrapers in other cities are far more "out-of-date."

It shouldn't be neon, and it doesn't have to be any crazy colors or alternating light schemes. A simple white works perfectly IMO, it's subtle & classy. Take a look at the liberty mutual building for instance:

10461776934_5ea362d237_b.jpg

hoW TALL is tHIs onebeiNG? 699 ??? Does the antLerTeNNers count? IF...we POINT SEARCLITES up like ALBERT SPhere, WIll that mAKes it TALLER???

^^i believe the top of the antenna base should be the upper limit called the pinnacle height. ...that in fact, the antenna part is no true pinnacle in any world i want to live in.... but, a banal, trivial stick of nothingness rendered invisible in an instant; after a lightning bolt flash extinguishes itself under dark storm clouds, and your eyes just can't adjust to observe that a thin blade of metal, is in fact, there.

But this 1 Dalton will be very tall: Our 2nd building constructed that reaches or surpasses the 'low skyscraper' bar of 180 meters - since 1987, and the 2nd building that reaches or surpasses 'the bonafide skyscraper' bar of 200 meters since 1971. It will even have an aspect ratio that puts it in finest company of modern skyscraper towers of the world's metropolises. ...and if that weren't enought we're about to have our 9th building topping 180 meters below it's pinnacle height - and our 4th actual skyscraper.

not canceled, not killed off by nimby after it seemed it wasn't in fact killed off by nimby, but actually built by men and women of great courage and conviction.

And dammit, we might actually have 10 of these colossal, 180m structures before the cataclysm of America's debt crisis unleashes the next round of terror - if the Building Dept will just issue those permits for SST.

May we thank Almighty God, and dare pray for a little more.

iAM agReesin WITh thes LOFTY sentimENts

(iAM playin GTA 5 right NOW too!!!!!)

i wouldn't be surprised if, like MT, the concern about complaints from those paying for the absolute most expensive penthouse units makes a lighted crown prohibitive.

although if (again like MT) the roof is surrounded by a non-roofed mechanical screen/penthouse then you could have the interior of that topmost space lit, with the lighting facing up and not out. wish MT would do that.

although maybe the concern would be with distracting airplanes/pilots(?). i feel like a solution could be arrived at that wouldn't upset the ultra-rich penthouse-dwellers OR the FAA.

whenever i visit other cities -- including those considerably smaller and less important than boston -- i'm shocked and disappointed by how "dark" our skyline is. i know i've read others say they like the dark (and therefore serious/mysterious/distinctive) boston skyline, but it really just seems very out-of-date to me.

I have to believe that you could engineer up lighting for the mechanical crown that would not be objectionable to the penthouse dwellers.

First don't forget it looks as though this will have a lit Four Seasons Logo at the top of the tower so there will be some lighting anyways.

One%20Dalton_River%20Skyline%20Hero_100716.jpg

But if they wanted to do more dramatic lighting and don't want to cause issues all they have to do is uplighting and focus the lights correctly so that you don't get spillover that sends light down. They could even just put uplighting in the creases like this:

COvXt7N.png

That bottom render is really cool. I'd be happy with lighting like that. Won't hold my breath, though.

Wish Citylover was the architect!

And a developer, and a head of the BPDA, and the owner of a private bank with enough capital to finance a vanity project. All at once!

Haha if only that sounds like a much more fun life than that of a broke college student.

Anyone been by here recently, last photo was on 11/28 we gotta be pretty close to out of the ground by now. This is the silent Giant.

As requested, took these yesterday, looks like it is almost (almost almost) ready to blast off...

^ You know when they've got the hoisting rings on the port-o-potties that we're getting reading to go vertical

Do you really think so? i was thinking more like mid-late Jan/early Feb.

Back