Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Probably considering there is rebar above ground level and the concrete was already almost to ground level in the set of pictures before these ones.

^ You know when they've got the hoisting rings on the port-o-potties that we're getting reading to go vertical

Could be dropping them down ... in the hole. Vertical goes both ways.

cca

Well than that would be that then eh?

cca

standing next to the site,

it appears there's not a thing more to see – but steel and concrete rising.

standing next to the site,

it appears there's not a thing more to see – but steel and concrete rising.

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...Ignition Sequence Started.....

I would expect a launch out of the ground by New Years Day

any news from the dalton construction update site? i lost that bookmark and i can't remember the address -- quick google searches just send me to to the real estate/selling page for 1dalton.

There's not a lot of info on this one, so i thought i'd repost this from last spring.....

Kind of old at this point.... in any case....

Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences, One Dalton Street

http://www.treviicos.com/viewdoc.asp?co_id=4518

April 24, 2015

Boston skyline is about to add a new major feature. A 65-story tower that soars 760 ft (230 m) into the Boston Sky. TREVIICOS succeeded in securing the full foundations and site work package for the new tower. TREVIICOS will be working as the main contractor for the package under the Construction Manager, Suffolk Construction. The new tower will consist of ultra-high-end hotel and condominiums managed by Four Seasons Hotel. The tower is located in the heart of the famous Back Bay area a few steps away from the Charles River, Symphony Hall and the finish line of the legendary Boston Marathon

The project by developer Carpenter & Co. will make Boston one of only a handful of cities in the world with two Four Seasons hotels. The others include London, Shanghai, Instanbul, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

The architects shaped the building in an equilateral triangle with rounded corners, a form that is designed to mirror the geometry of the neighboring Christian Science Mother Church. Its hotel rooms and condos will feature sweeping views of the Back Bay skyline, the Fenway, and the Charles River.

The $700 million tower is founded on a series of very deep rectangular load bearing elements. The load bearing elements will be excavated using a hydromill to a depth of approximately 190 ft (58 m) including approximately 16 ft (5 m) into hard rock. The building will also include three below grade level supported by a combination of diaphragm wall and a secant pile wall. With construction that is starting imminently, the hotel and residences are expected to be completed in 2017.

"Completed in 2017," talk about a minor miracle.

There's not a lot of info on this one, so i thought i'd repost this from last spring.....

Kind of old at this point.... in any case....

Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences, One Dalton Street

http://www.treviicos.com/viewdoc.asp?co_id=4518

April 24, 2015

Boston skyline is about to add a new major feature. A 65-story tower that soars 760 ft (230 m) into the Boston Sky. TREVIICOS succeeded in securing the full foundations and site work package for the new tower. TREVIICOS will be working as the main contractor for the package under the Construction Manager, Suffolk Construction. The new tower will consist of ultra-high-end hotel and condominiums managed by Four Seasons Hotel. The tower is located in the heart of the famous Back Bay area a few steps away from the Charles River, Symphony Hall and the finish line of the legendary Boston Marathon

The project by developer Carpenter & Co. will make Boston one of only a handful of cities in the world with two Four Seasons hotels. The others include London, Shanghai, Instanbul, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

The architects shaped the building in an equilateral triangle with rounded corners, a form that is designed to mirror the geometry of the neighboring Christian Science Mother Church. Its hotel rooms and condos will feature sweeping views of the Back Bay skyline, the Fenway, and the Charles River.

The $700 million tower is founded on a series of very deep rectangular load bearing elements. The load bearing elements will be excavated using a hydromill to a depth of approximately 190 ft (58 m) including approximately 16 ft (5 m) into hard rock. The building will also include three below grade level supported by a combination of diaphragm wall and a secant pile wall. With construction that is starting imminently, the hotel and residences are expected to be completed in 2017.

Ground floor "pour" going on as I speak. I don't know what qualifies as above ground, but the entire ground floor should be poured in a matter of hours. (As of 3:45 on Friday). I suspect that they want to say HEY! before Christmas.

This thing is gonna carry the day for the next 18 months.

Good thing; Waiting for so much other stuff so later than late..........

Here's a few more to add to the holiday season, nothing says Christmas like a lit up crane...

31785679831_9c6bfd6554_b.jpg

Back