Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

The last surprise on this thing will be the antenna has this thing been confirmed..? What is this going to look like and how will it change the dynamic of this building if at all?

From coming in on 93 today, that side of the tower is not clad yet (although I could see it peaking around the curved corner).

Not sure if this has been said already, but it would have been cool if that crane was a permanent design fixture to create a spire a la the original 115 Winthrop Sq:

WinthropSquare.jpg

Not sure if this has been said already, but it would have been cool if that crane was a permanent design fixture to create a spire a la the original 115 Winthrop Sq:

WinthropSquare.jpg

beat me to it....

(at least a huge offset antenna) would look GREAT!

and since it grew with the tower, lit up at night with the colors too!

In the spirit of derailing, I actually think that side spire would look good as a communications spire appropriately on the Verizon hub tower on the northwest corner.

I'm not a fan of the dark glass now that it's mostly clad. I'm probably a mad lad, but I would have loved some green or bronze-tinted glass...

Overall it's a solid B+ addition to the skyline. I think it's way behind The Pru, Hancock and Millenium Tower buildings in terms of beauty.

I'm not a fan of the dark glass now that it's mostly clad. I'm probably a mad lad, but I would have loved some green or bronze-tinted glass...

Overall it's a solid B+ addition to the skyline. I think it's way behind The Pru, Hancock and Millenium Tower buildings in terms of beauty.

I’d reserve judgement until the interiors are finished. That’ll brighten up the appearance of the glass.

Any chance with the parameters set forth by FAA (the 856’) number, we could have a spire/antenna making this Boston’s new tallest? Cheesy but lots of other cities inflate their highest in such way....

It will have an antenna reaching just under that height, thats why people are asking/talking about it. It wont count towards the total height, as it will be an antenna, and it will be shorter than the Pru’s antenna which is in the upper 900’s. This will be 100ft... as weve heard so far, so around 842’ to the tip of the antenna. The Pru is 906’ to the tip.

Antenna don't count as part of a building's official height. Even if this does end up the full 856', it's still the 3rd highest point in the city as the Hancock's goes 857'.

I agree that some bronze-tinted glass might make this a little more special. As it is, I think it's a solid B building (B+ if graded on a Boston curve) and nothing as nice as the NYC "similar-vernacular" buildings Dave posted in #4007. It's streamlined and completely inoffensive (like Millennium) which qualifies it as "iconic" 'round these parts.

As it is, I think it's a solid B building (B+ if graded on a Boston curve) and nothing as nice as the NYC "similar-vernacular" buildings Dave posted in #4007.

125 Greenwich Street looks pretty awful in the renders. I agree the other 4 look better but they're also all well over 1000'.

For Boston this is an A or even A+. On a world scale I'd still give it an A- because of the triangular shape and quality of the glass.

I think my biggest quibble is that I wish it was either taller, or in a slightly different location in the city. From many of the "postcard" views such as the Longfellow, it's marginalized because of the way it's set back from the Pru and Hancock axis. This makes it seem shorter and from the Longfellow it actually crowds into the Pru and makes that view worse. It's also turning the High Spine into a plateau of sorts with 3 flat roof giants within 40'-50' feet of each other. It looks absolutely amazing from the Fenway area though. However, overall from most angles it doesn't add as much to the skyline as it would if it was say a new peak in the financial district.

Y'all mofos are crazy. B? B+? Must be the dampness of Boston winters or something.

The buildings in #4007 are some of the tallest and most spectacular buildings u/c on the planet. Not a real comparison. More realistic comparisons are in my hood. There are 2 condo buildings going up nearby, 1 900' and 1 1,000' and friends who have checked out condos in there were unimpressed. Starchitects designed the outside and people ohh and ahh, but the 2-br units are $6M with odd layouts, and the fixtures / kitchens / bathrooms are slightly better than Home Depot quality.

I think this building is awesome for Boston, it is elegant and looks as good / better than the renders. It makes an impact.

I think it's a solid B building (B+ if graded on a Boston curve) and nothing as nice as the NYC "similar-vernacular" buildings Dave posted in #4007. It's streamlined and completely inoffensive (like Millennium) which qualifies it as "iconic" 'round these parts.

Couldn't disagree more.

i think it's a great addition.

my only gripes are: i wish it was taller b/c think the skyline would be well served with a true peak somewhere; i wish it wasn't yet another flat-roofed skyscraper, though i'm not sure how one would have achieved that with the rest of the concept.

I'm probably a mad lad, but I would have loved some green or bronze-tinted glass...

Green glass, sure, but bronze, no, would look so dated. Bronze glass, bronze kitchen or bath fixtures, ugh, so dated. But that's just me. 1 Dalton is a beautiful building that will hold up well through time! A stunning addition to the Boston skyline.

Back