Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

You probably need to resize the pictures. The pic above is 4032x3024. Usually anything larger than 2048x1536 is removed.
Opened to full resolution, its a terrible picture, because one doesn't gain detail, just the opposite.

He might try using
https://tinyjpg.com/

^^^^Though I don't, I compress image size manually using Snagit.

Hmm never had a problem before I don’t know how to resize pics ,I’m old lol

Photobucket should have options to post it at a smaller resolution. You don't necessarily need to resize the pictures, rather just post the smaller versions.

There is a moderator here who thinks its still 2002 and someone might have 56k

There's no reason to post them that huge. 2048x1536 is more than large enough for all but the most extreme hd detailed aerial pictures, and even that is frankly too big for most non-aerial shots.

There's no reason to post them that huge. 2048x1536 is more than large enough for all but the most extreme hd detailed aerial pictures, and even that is frankly too big for most non-aerial shots.

How does it hurt anything since this forum automatically resizes them to fit the screen?

Lol yea theres 0 reason. My iphone 4 on 3g could load everything fine in 2011. Today its not even a question.

How does it hurt anything since this forum automatically resizes them to fit the screen?

It loads the full image first and then resizes it to fit the window.

I've had multiple instances on multiple devices/connections where pages loaded slowly due to image size, so I fully support maximum image sizes.

4a17217v.jpg

^^^ This is the jpg version.

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/det.4a17217/?co=det
This is a link to the high resolution version. It is 157 megs. In the 157 meg version, one, with time and knowledge, might identify the 35 muses and goddesses of antiquity that line the parapet of the building next to Trinity Church.

The negative was probably at least 11x14 inches, because at the time, the prints were contact prints, as this was before the era of enlargers.

There are very few photos posted on archboston that look better at a full resolution of 4700 x 3500 (or whatever) because the camera lens can't generate high resolution.

Opened to full resolution, its a terrible picture, because one doesn't gain detail, just the opposite.

He might try using
https://tinyjpg.com/

^^^^Though I don't, I compress image size manually using Snagit.

he didn't re-post the best example..... but a rather plain one
compared to the others.
Yes, the high res was needed to get the full effect.
The mix of colors, sky, reflections, clouds, etc was insane.

he didn't re-post the best example..... but a rather plain one
compared to the others.
Yes, the high res was needed to get the full effect.
The mix of colors, sky, reflections, clouds, etc was insane.

If you actually opened the high res, the 'insane mix' turned into a gauzy, kaleidoscopic mush, or to paraphrase, the whole was much greater than the sum of its parts. There are certainly ways to reduce/compress file size without abridging the quality of the published image, particularly on a forum such as this.

I can’t figure out how to post from tiny jpg either

This is how I post pictures small, and I recommend it for being quite easy for anyone else who doesn't care about a particular site or _owning_ their photos under a particular account.

1) First go to imgur.com where you will see at the top left a green box for "New Post"

fk31Xwoh.png

2) When you click on new post, you can upload your photo(s) there, either from your computer, or by pasting from the clipboard

PKt734Mh.png

pre-2) This is how I get my photo into my 'clipboard': My personal photos are uploaded automatically to another site photos.google.com and and I right click on the photo and it is put in my clipboard using "Copy Image". This is what works on a Mac, but I have no idea how it works for Windows or other operating systems.

lKDkNwDh.png

pre-2) Have the photos on your computer and just use the "Browse" option in IMGUR to upload them.

Anyways, one you have uploaded your photo to imgur it should look something like this:

Boo662jh.jpg

which means that it has been uploaded.

3) Hover your mouse over the picture and you will see a drop down appear in the top right of the photo like this:

HVwhDbqh.png

4) As your mouse moves over the drop-down it will present you with four options. You will need to choose "Get Share Links"

E72fveTh.png

5) You are now provided a bunch of "Share Links" and you will choose the bottom left one "BBCode (Forums)". Click on the "Copy" and the text for that pic will be in your clipboard.

TUAOYGmh.png

6) You can now come here and paste your image into the text box of your post and the URL will look like this. You are not yet done.
hNVxz0Bh.png

7) You add the letter 'h' to the URL which presents a scaled-down image for this board.

QJjBIGLh.png

8) That's it. You're done.

Back