Future Skyline

I've been redoing most of my models and working on a ton of smaller projects. Big updates coming soon for y'all. Thanks for being patient!

Any help you can offer would be hugely appreciated.

i need a much more presentable curtain wall.

My case that the Harbor Garage Redevelopment needs to get done.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=562029&page=42

This tower is designed for max revenue in the smaller footprint, then return to the Commonwealth green space for public use–
but still be able to pay for the relocation of the garage below.

The structure runs straight vertical to the top of the office sections....

The office floors are designed for "innovation space," for max revenue, and to secure an anchor tenant.

Then, the tower makes it's bend towards the setback roof starting at level 21 of the north wall.

The roof is set back for Long Wharf.

Shade over Long Wharf dictates that maximum structural height can only happen with a steep roof angle or setback.
But, the mechanicals will make highly efficient use of the parsed floors at the top.

Residential walls are designed for best possible views of the incredible sights this single tower plan will offer.

Parallelogram is to minimize shade at Long Wharf and give maximum allowable viewing of the Kennedy Greenway, public markets, Faneuil and Long Wharf.

This tower should make enough money for the development group.

Long Wharf would be 100% shade free until the 23rd of October, as mandated.

The Greenway patches are minimally affected.

structure height to mech screen tip: 600'
total sq ft ~1,090,000
occupied floors; 48
top of highest occupied floor; 567'
mechanical floors at tower top servicing (residences + offices): 2/34'
residences 28 stories 294'
offices 18 stories 229'
club Floor 21'
lobby 23' [/SIZE]

*not reflected in all the images: the setbacks on the harbor side of the upper resident tower.

should read levels 3-20 Office, 21-48 Residential. i'll fix it Monday.

the Northwest and North facing walls would offer spectacular views of the Greenway and Faneuil Hall Marketplace district from levels 21-48.

New tower; (the closeness of Central Wharf makes the tower appear fatter in proportion to the rest of the Downtown.
which are considerably further away). the tower runs 172' along the harbor frontage.

Last edited:
I like Chiofaro/pru original 2 tower proposals---instead
Anything is better than the garage

Last edited:
Well, we can't really get into that here, because it'll be anarchy (re; Datadyne paramilitary forces will be alerted)

The single tower idea could be the first step of really fixing things down there.

In the current scheme, the Garage + Aquarium represents yet another mess in a generation of seemingly endless urban planning mistakes, that, surprisingly we can fix somewhat easily down the road, starting with;

Starting with simply asking better questions;

such as; 'why is this incredible location being used as field trip central for kids when we could be doing that in So many better locations throughout the city?

It's absurd. All we're doing is gumming up the the completion of the Downtown and Waterfront works.

Odurandia -- save your brain cells -- no one is moving the Aquarium --they tried to move it once to the Charlestown Navy Yard -- it didn't happen -- now most of the good aquarium sites on the waterfront are otherwise claimed

The longer the city/commonwealth/BRA move on this the Garage will most likely be epic failure for missed opportunity for capitalizing in the city development core.

This would be EPIC failure for our planning agency if they can't get this development moving in this location.

A much needed development for the public good.

This thread has become very strange. I feel like my reality does not match the reality of this thread.

Did you intend to answer my question? I'll try again. Why is there a forest here? One or two coherent sentences would be ideal.

Why is there a forest here? One or two coherent sentences would be ideal.

I think it is just cut/paste generic "greenspace" to represent the fact that the parcel needs to be 50% greenspace. Yes, I agree it looks odd because it looks like its blocking the aquarium and the harbor.

This thread has become very strange. I feel like my reality does not match the reality of this thread.

Did you intend to answer my question? I'll try again. Why is there a forest here? One or two coherent sentences would be ideal.

This thread has become strange. It was supposed to be renders of future towers that are planned, proposed, or uc. It evolved into people pasting the burj khalifa in the back bay. I made a what if thread its not in the development projects part of the forum though.

Everything starting with post #242 should be removed from this thread.

Everything starting with post #242 should be removed from this thread.

Nah, Lets talk about the ongoing Winchester CVS project---Box Store that will hover into the residential section of the 1 Million dollar community. How that will alter Winchester Suburban Skyline.

(Aquarium) Bus station below grade. Milk Street below grade... or a narrow fire lane. All kinds of possibilities. Some crazy.

If you look at our waterfront all through the area down there, i don't see enough thinking outside the box. i see the complete opposite. Not lost on me isn't just all that cement and brick... but i'm willing to go as far as to question if we even know how to do a great park the urban core of our city.

i put the moral equivalent of St John's Wood there to demonstrate that it's possible to go all the way.

Your post is good because it demonstrates i need to explain this more clearly for those who have been destroyed.

The BIG DIG was crazy. We can do with more crazy, instead of stripping the individual of his uniqueness with more endless cement.

i'm embracing some Green without imperiling us.

I don't really know how to respond to this. Are you ok?

I'm laughing out loud again," are you ok?" I think he needs a 12 step program.....On and On a non........👈😮

I'm laughing out loud again," are you ok?" I think he needs a 12 step program.....On and On a non........����

There is no reason to make fun of people on this site.
Bottom line you both add nothing to this site and most of your posts I would never read if you actually didn't reply to a thread I actually was reading.

That is the point. Either don't bother reading the thread or just move on.

Justin just a pathetic comment. ARE YOU ALRIGHT?

There is no reason to make fun of people on this site.
Bottom line you both add nothing to this site and most of your posts I would never read if you actually didn't reply to a thread I actually was reading.

That is the point. Either don't bother reading the thread or just move on.

Justin just a pathetic comment. ARE YOU ALRIGHT?

Riff -- Oudurandia was free associating and the synapses were kinda firing at random -- there is no sense to the post as just as Justin pointed out -- However, perhaps a bit harshly

I wasn't making fun of him. I know my posts often contain a fair amount of sarcasm, but it was an honest question. His ranting is becoming increasingly incoherent. Read the middle two paragraphs again of the most recent post again:

i put the moral equivalent of St John's Wood there to demonstrate that it's possible to go all the way.

Your post is good because it demonstrates i need to explain this more clearly for those who have been destroyed.

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but to me that was written by someone who could use a little help.

In the Boston architecture and urbanism page of this forum I have already created a what if thread. This can go there, its still on the first page too of that section. This thread is for future renders of what is proposed, planned, or under construction. This was a beautiful thread please dont ruin this, it was only a few easily navigatable pages with all kinds of great renders. Lets get back to that please. For a while it was all downburst giving his time to help everybody out then people decided to add random ass buildings all over the place, someone added like a wizard of oz castle and at this point its completely off the hinges. Feel free to go crazy is other places but not here.

A quick wrap up on a few of the renders Ive made + a few others to get them in one spot for easy viewing.

Filled in MT glass here.

Didn't make these

HYM_BulfinchCrossing_Aerial_Close_Prefinal.jpg

Copley-Place-Tower-Simon-Property-Group-Elkus-Manfredi-Architects-Air-Rights-Development-Residential-Retail-Back-Bay-Boston-Rendering.0.0.jpg

South-Station-tower.png

85uVLgi.png

Your move downburst...time for those new massing models. Please and thank you!

Last edited:
I like this picture so I figured Id render the new winthrop millennium tower into it. The angle is a little bit off but its the best I can do with a free version of paint for mac.

Last edited:

Back