Future Skyline

i made them a bit too fat and tall before. These should be better? I still like GCG slightly inflated above the render. The residence tower is 547'. The ideal shot would be from about 200' obove the hyatt. Would give 111 Fed, MT and 1 Bromfield a bit more height.

update 111 Fed lowered to ~760'. compare to the 590' 100 Fed across the Street.

Last edited:
Odurandina, do you mind linking me/posting the original on here? It'd be nice to have a side by side comparison.

Future 10 Tallest Buildings Diagram

fLY1tCj.png

5. Copley Place Tower 52 stories 626' roof (site prep)

6. Govt Center (oval) office tower 43 stories + tall mech screen ~647' roof tip... (approved)
)

If the above turns out to be true, then the top 10 will include the GC Office Tower instead of the Fed! That would be quite impressive for so many new buildings to make the top 10! Boston is on a serious roll!

Yeah that is most likely the actual height or somewhere between 620 and 650 based on estimates I have done unfortunately skyscraperpage won't accept those estimates so we will have to wait until the FAA height ruling can be found most likely.

Citylover did you see my post (#612) on the 1 Bromfield thread?

street podium level to deck of highest occupied floor 887 pixels.

highest floor + mechanical penthouse 66 pixels.

highest occupied floor deck height. 683'

architectural height. 733.8' +/- 2'

My contact at BRA told me the absolute tallest 111 Fed can go is 735'.

That post is on the height of One Congress Street and for One Bromfield I can't get them to adjust the height up more than they already did to 215 meters without giving them a more concrete source than that.

Sorry to state the obvious, but holy hell Boston is lit up with tall proposals! I haven't been following Boston development too much since moving away (NYC is all-consuming) and seeing that Future 10 Tallest diagram is a real shock. Never in my 10 years living here would I have imagined 7 new buildings above 600 feet...that's crazy.

And perhaps what's even crazier is that a good number of these stand to get built--they aren't pie in the sky, frothy bubble proposals like 111 Federal was 10 years ago. AND the quality of designs are getting better. I'm happy for y'all!

It's very close to 'they're all getting built.'

1 Bromfield would have to clear a few hurdles such as casting shade over the burial grounds.

Boston around 2021.... 14 top 180m

1. John Hancock Tower (241m/790’) 1976
2. Four Seasons (230m/755’) 2018
3. Prudential (228m/750’) 1964
4. 111 Fed (~224m/735’) 2020?
5. 1 Bromfield St (~224m/735’) 2020?
6. Millennium Tower (209m/685') 2016
7. South Station Tower (206m/678’) 2020?
8. Govt Center (oval) office tower 43 stories + tall mech screen ~(197m/647’) 2020?
9. Copley Square Tower (191m/626’) 2020?
10. Federal Reserve Bank 32 stories 187m/614’ 1977
11. 1 Boston Place 40 stories 183m/601’ 1970
12. 1 International Place Tower 46 stories 183m/600’ 1987
13. 100 Federal St (pregnant) 37 stories 180m/591’ 1971
14. 1 Financial Center in Dewey Square 46 stories 180m/590’ 1983
15. 111 Huntington Avenue 36 stories 554’ 2002
16. Govt Center residential tower 45 stories 547’ 2019
17. 2 International Place 36 stories 538’ 1992
18. 1 Post Office square 40 stories 525’ 1981
19. 1 Federal Street 38 stories 520’ 1975
20. Exchange Place 39 stories 510’ 1984
21. 60 State Street 38 stories 509’ 1977
22. 1 Beacon Street 37 stories 507’ 1971
23. TD Garden Tower 1 (office) ~21 stories over podium ~505’ 2020
24. 1 Lincoln Street 36 stories 503’ 2003
25. 28 State Street 40 stories 500’ 1969

Last edited:
It's very close to 'they're all getting built.'

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Need I remind you:

Boston is looking great right now, but not all of these will get built in their current iteration.

Of the nine skyscrapers you named that are not yet complete, I (optimistically) estimate we'll see six of these proposals come to fruition. That is still pretty good though! In order of likelihood:

1. Millenium Tower is nearly complete and will open this summer.
  2. Four Seasons Tower is under construction, but hasn't gone above ground. We have seen projects stall for years at this point in the past (DTX). But, this will probably be completed in its current form.
  3. Congress Street Development (Residential Tower) is the first phase of this project. Not to nitpick, but I think it will only be 480'. As long as HYM doesn't go under, or something similar, we will probably see this break ground within the year.
  4. Copley Place Tower is supposed to break ground within the year. Remember, this was originally supposed to break ground in 2009 before the recession hit. Our economy is going well right now, but this has been proposed for ten years now and the developer has been less than transparent about this project over the years.
  5. TD Garden Tower - The podium is being built now, and that will take a few years. It is not that far fetched that the towers don't get completed in this cycle and are delayed or revised.
  6. Congress Street Development (Office Tower). As a future phase of this project, and still awaiting a major tenant (I think), this project is not yet a sure thing.
  7. South Station Tower - I like the fact that this has been revisited, but this project has been proposed in some form since 1963. Hines has been planning/proposing this project since 1997. Ma Nishtana?
  8. 111 Federal Street - This has been proposed and thwarted multiple times in the past. It also has to go for review and get approved, no small task at all. Millenium knew how to work the process by the time they proposed their skyscraper to fill a huge hole in the ground. This proposal has a tougher road ahead of it.
  9. 1 Bromfield - Major zoning questions, there has been pushback, and nobody really knows exactly what is being proposed.

You may be newer than me (apologies if you are not) to following Boston developments, but it gets frustrating. Not all of what you see proposed ends up happening, and much of it gets cut down in size. They aren't all getting built. Hopefully, most of them get built.

Copley tower and SST I will not believe until they are in the air. They have been around longer than anything on this list I believe maybe other than copley vs 111 federal and still nothing. I do think this time that they are a go but I am still very skeptical until I see steel/concrete above ground.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Need I remind you:

Boston is looking great right now, but not all of these will get built in their current iteration.

Of the nine skyscrapers you named that are not yet complete, I (optimistically) estimate we'll see six of these proposals come to fruition. That is still pretty good though! In order of likelihood:

1. Millenium Tower is nearly complete and will open this summer.
  2. Four Seasons Tower is under construction, but hasn't gone above ground. We have seen projects stall for years at this point in the past (DTX). But, this will probably be completed in its current form.
  3. Congress Street Development (Residential Tower) is the first phase of this project. Not to nitpick, but I think it will only be 480'. As long as HYM doesn't go under, or something similar, we will probably see this break ground within the year.
  4. Copley Place Tower is supposed to break ground within the year. Remember, this was originally supposed to break ground in 2009 before the recession hit. Our economy is going well right now, but this has been proposed for ten years now and the developer has been less than transparent about this project over the years.
  5. TD Garden Tower - The podium is being built now, and that will take a few years. It is not that far fetched that the towers don't get completed in this cycle and are delayed or revised.
  6. Congress Street Development (Office Tower). As a future phase of this project, and still awaiting a major tenant (I think), this project is not yet a sure thing.
  7. South Station Tower - I like the fact that this has been revisited, but this project has been proposed in some form since 1963. Hines has been planning/proposing this project since 1997. Ma Nishtana?
  8. 111 Federal Street - This has been proposed and thwarted multiple times in the past. It also has to go for review and get approved, no small task at all. Millenium knew how to work the process by the time they proposed their skyscraper to fill a huge hole in the ground. This proposal has a tougher road ahead of it.
  9. 1 Bromfield - Major zoning questions, there has been pushback, and nobody really knows exactly what is being proposed.

You may be newer than me (apologies if you are not) to following Boston developments, but it gets frustrating. Not all of what you see proposed ends up happening, and much of it gets cut down in size. They aren't all getting built. Hopefully, most of them get built.

^^We could even add a #10 to the list if Chiofaro surprises everyone, and proposes a 600' Aquarium Garage tower within the strict guidelines. Possible?...yes. Probable?....nah.

[*]Congress Street Development (Residential Tower) is the first phase of this project. Not to nitpick, but I think it will only be 480'. As long as HYM doesn't go under, or something similar, we will probably see this break ground within the year.

The diagram shows this one going well over 500'.

Huh. Conflicting reports everywhere. I guess we'll never know until this is built and I bring my extra long tape-measure.

I don't know what you have been looking at, but I thought it was widely understood here that this would be 480' + mech. I have seen no conflicting information that would say otherwise.

Residential (WP-B1):

jsBkuge.png

It is actually 520 feet the base elevation is 27 feet and that is being included in the height of this tower.

With all the crowdsourcing of info and confirmation from a revered source in the .gov with a near photographic memory... just an example, "he/she" was within 5 feet of the 2 Back Bay towers 3 months before they were announced. When it's all said and done i doubt Tommy's vision at 111 Fed will be shorter than 1 Bromfield. So, i gave her an extra couple of feet.

Barring the collapse of the Western World, the cranes are coming.

Fed Reserve Tower goes from third tallest to tenth in 1 cycle. :)

Credit; Citylover... adjusted with photoshop.

Back