Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

I like the looks of this building, based on the render in the Twitter link. Although, I am skeptical of nighttime renders. More housing down there the better, IMO.

That render just reminded me, has phase one's retail been filled yet? Last time I was down there it still had the glass covered so you couldn't see in

That render just reminded me, has phase one's retail been filled yet? Last time I was down there it still had the glass covered so you couldn't see in

No. The retail was supposed to be "innovation retail," but they couldn't find a tenant that fit the requirement of innovation out of the 35 applicants who applied. It was ultimately decided to turn about half of it into a community health center at a BRA meeting earlier this year.

It's actually going to be a restaurant (La Casa de Pedro).

Yea La Casa is going in...although it said "Coming Spring 2016" and it doesn't look like they are remotely close to finishing

cant find a bigger one but.....heres the final version as of now.

Waterside-Place-Phase-1B.JPG

A few renders to snack on..

5Q4OjFgl.jpg

oqCGfhll.jpg

VB5S3DBl.jpg

tYXdZPMl.png

Inglec -- Does anyone know what the meaning of the sign above the garage entrance means

Is there an entrance to the Silver Line WTC Station inside?

It's that massive parking garage they (State? BCDC?) want to build over the Pike.

DOT got involved and I think Pollack proclaimed it a "Transportation Center"

After the Waterside Place Phase 1A shit turd this developer dropped on us I'm skeptical of the render.

After the Waterside Place Phase 1A shit turd this developer dropped on us I'm skeptical of the render.

Meddelpal -- There could be a competitive factor -- when Waterside Place 1a was designed there weren't many competing apartments structures nearby
watersideplace-flagshipphoto-3.jpg

now there are several -- so the finish work might be one way to attract tenants

It's that massive parking garage they (State? BCDC?) want to build over the Pike.

DOT got involved and I think Pollack proclaimed it a "Transportation Center"

This is correct. The entrance to the new parking garage is through the new Waterside building.

I hope that's not the only entrance. That portion of Congress is going to get very bad traffic quickly otherwise.

the parking lot on this parcel is now completely empty (though no tape up or equipment present). i wonder if construction is imminent

the parking lot on this parcel is now completely empty (though no tape up or equipment present). i wonder if construction is imminent

Would make sense, since it is connected to the Seaport "Transportation Center" AKA Garage; which is underway now.

Last time I went past this site I thought the same thing, but noticed new signs mounted at each of the spaces. After reading it I figured they had gone from an open first come first served situation to a reserved/leasing situation.

Like you I hope it a sign of things to come.
https://flic.kr/p/QbjEi7

Utility relocation will be starting soon on Congress/on site. Should have already started...

Back