Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

From 3/3:

cpJtYna.jpg

LNhPfjD.jpg

This project has the WORST traffic management plan. No advanced notice for the sidewalk being closed. The Silver Line station is pretty much inaccessible when coming from the East. If they want to close off the sidewalk in front of the site, there should be advanced notice at D St warning people to cross there. Super annoying to be stranded at the Seaport Ln crossing and have to turn back.

This project has the WORST traffic management plan. No advanced notice for the sidewalk being closed. The Silver Line station is pretty much inaccessible when coming from the East. If they want to close off the sidewalk in front of the site, there should be advanced notice at D St warning people to cross there. Super annoying to be stranded at the Seaport Ln crossing and have to turn back.

As far as I can tell the City does not consider pedestrians worth worrying about in construction transportation management. They did nothing about the huge inconvenience around the Marriott Moxy and Emerson Little Building messes until people yelled loudly. (And that is an area with huge pedestrian flows due to the theatres and Emerson College students, so the problems could easily be anticipated.)

Although they did cut through the median and install a crosswalk under WTC Ave, which is actually quite useful

Although they did cut through the median and install a crosswalk under WTC Ave, which is actually quite useful

I hope they leave that there, though maybe prettier. The number of times I saw people jumping that fence to cross the street... :rolleyes:

It doesn't help when you're coming from the other direction!

This is Massport's fault, not BTD's.

The Silver Line was cleared to reopen by engineers & has.

Tough day to be on the Suffolk / Derenzo team. Tragically lost an operator at Wynn and then had this incident at the Silver Line. I'm kind of floored they weren't required to install seismic monitoring all over the tunnel.

Wow those pilings are really dense, and the placement seems to be pretty haphazard.

If one of the professionals on here would be willing to explain how this happens (e.g. do they decide pile placement in 'real time' on site? Or does this actually represent a precise plan?) I for one would be interested to hear it...

They've switched to steel pilings from concrete, wonder if that was to decrease risk of tunnel damage

Back