Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Hmm. New thread or keep 1A & 1B under one roof, as it were?

Hmm. New thread or keep 1A & 1B under one roof, as it were?

New thread. Rename this Waterside Place Phase 1A.

Also, CBT, nice. I have higher hopes for this building now.

New thread. Rename this Waterside Place Phase 1A.

Also, CBT, nice. I have higher hopes for this building now.

I think it all depends on the lighting and cladding materials. Cheap color can be pretty ugly, and these folks don't exactly have a strong track record.

Shades of the Watermark and Pierce multi-shade exteriors.

Re: Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

When I read "MassPort garage entrance" on the rendering, I wept a little.

Good catch john - and if you look closely you can see that the street level here, at the end of Seaprot lane, includes a couple of wide garage entrances:

26046858091_367fa0a175_b.jpg

How would that work re: crossing Silver Line Way? Elevated parking lot crossing? I'm pretty sure current access to the MassPort surface lot is via the parcel just on the other side of World Trade Center Ave on Congress?

I've never seen a plan for that site, and I'm not saying that I think the MassPort garage needs three entrances (assuming there would also be access from D and World Trade Center Ave), but maybe this makes developing the other side of World Trade Center Station easier?

^ Looks like the elevation indicates a ramp from congress street that rises and curves as it crosses the silver line incline:

26087268556_0e32203338_b.jpg

How would that work re: crossing Silver Line Way? Elevated parking lot crossing? I'm pretty sure current access to the MassPort surface lot is via the parcel just on the other side of World Trade Center Ave on Congress?

I've never seen a plan for that site, and I'm not saying that I think the MassPort garage needs three entrances (assuming there would also be access from D and World Trade Center Ave), but maybe this makes developing the other side of World Trade Center Station easier?
The ramp flies over Silver Line Way.

You've all heard it from me before... "No one ever posts the plans!"

NPC link: http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/b1b60332-a378-4c76-9c4b-523e44b8a331 (Warning: Large PDF)

a7g9tHD.png

4v3TRHs.png

U9zHsgz.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the MassPort 1,500 car garage going in there supposed to be a hotel, instead but scuttled when the BCEC expansion was scuttled? Also, scuttled.

Not that Im aware of I think that the hotel was going to be north of the bcec. I know the early renders for waterside place had this parcel slated to be a mall, but thats long dead.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the MassPort 1,500 car garage going in there supposed to be a hotel, instead but scuttled when the BCEC expansion was scuttled? Also, scuttled.

Massport had hired architects to study mixed-use for that site, but it didn't fit their budget and ultimately went with a garage, err, transportation center.

Not that Im aware of I think that the hotel was going to be north of the bcec. I know the early renders for waterside place had this parcel slated to be a mall, but thats long dead.

There is this on corner of Summer and D street:

11 express interest in Massport’s South Boston hotel project

By Jon Chesto GLOBE STAFF JANUARY 12, 2016

Scaling back its once-ambitious plans for a new hotel in South Boston seems to be paying off for the Massachusetts Port Authority.

Massport received interest from eight new developers in recent weeks for a smaller hotel project on Summer Street. These are in addition to the three development teams that had been angling to build a much larger “headquarters hotel” on a two-acre property at the corner of D and Summer streets, across from the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, and are also interested in the smaller project.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...wns-bidders/DH0HLSkgoz1Q0tlW7QQpHN/story.html

a dedicated dog wash called out in the section? really?

a dedicated dog wash called out in the section? really?

That's not enough. Developments like this should have permanent staff to man luxury doggie day care complexes.

Last edited:

No new news yet. My apologies in advance.

Came across this render by accident and figured I would share. I may be wrong but this looks like the M parcels on the left as well. Looks like they are going to engage the street very well. The next parcel up on the right side of the picture after 1B where wtc ave meets congress is a sleeper parcel and once that is planned it will really bring the area together so it wont feel so open. That will bridge the gap nicely between waterside place and the seaport square residential project. The waterfront will continue to fill up over the years and once they start moving away from the water this will definitely get something interesting. It will be cool to see how they connect the parcel to both streets, and if they choose to address it like the avalon exeter staircase.

Waterside-Place-Phase-1B-501-Congress-Street-Seaport-District-South-Boston-Waterfront-Drew-Company-HYM-Investment-Group-CBT-Architects-Project-Rendering.png

Another high aspect ratio building looking good in the Seaport.

I don't think that is M parcels, i think you're seeing the existing buildings at B street and Congress in that render.

No new news yet. My apologies in advance.

Came across this render by accident and figured I would share. I may be wrong but this looks like the M parcels on the left as well.

It's not M parcel it's World Trade Center West.

Back