General Electric HQ (Necco Buildings Reno) | 5 Necco Street | Fort Point

Re: General Electric HQ | Necco St.| Fort Point

6 Necco CT/ST

On the front of this building (To the left) are two address signs. The old one has 6 Necco CT and the new one has 6 Necco ST. According to the street signs at the corner of Necco Street and Necco Court the front of this building is on Necco Court.

6 Necco CT/ST on the left and 5 Necco ST is on the right

I took this photo from the southern boarder of the parking lot that GE bought.

5 Necco ST Taken at the corner of Necco Court and Necco Street

The gerbil tube on the left is between 5 Necco and 6 Necco. The one on the right is between 6 Necco and the back of 27 Melcher.

Front of 6 Necco

Note the boat dock. Could this be expanded or replaced by a floating helo pad?

Last edited:

Where is the new GE front door -- inquiring mings want to know -- Feng Shui and all

Was this on purpose?

cca

Mings --Minds -- Mims

Yes and No -- once I typed Feng my fingers subconsciously found the min [g] and the rest was done

Mings --Minds -- Mims

Yes and No -- once I typed Feng my fingers subconsciously found the min [g] and the rest was done

Do you type your sentences backwards?

Here's my wish for the GE headquarters: a modern-twist riff on their classic red brick 20th Century industrial architecture. Probably epitomized by GE building 37 in Schenectady, but there were similar structures at their campuses in other cities like Fort Wayne (now closed), with the prominent GE sign lighting up in cycles at night. Would be perfectly contextual with Fort Point, a nod to their history, and if well executed, very cool ... probably too much to hope for.

Apologies for my inability to cut and paste a photo here, I may try to do so if I find a bit more time ...

Perfect, Thanks. And at night the sign cycles and pulses ...

RAPID

SERVICE

PRESS

RAPID SERVICE PRESS

BBJ has a typical pro-business approach to the rent negotiations between GE and the BRA (which is more informative than the title suggests, but not terribly convincing). It does, however, come with a P&G diagram of the site, showing a possible layout.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...e-ge-won-t-pay-rent-in-boston-so-stop.html#i1

20z1evp.png

EDIT: My favorite part is how the path just ends in a gazebo, like this is SimCity 4.

BBJ has a typical pro-business approach to the rent negotiations between GE and the BRA (which is more informative than the title suggests, but not terribly convincing). It does, however, come with a P&G diagram of the site, showing a possible layout.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...e-ge-won-t-pay-rent-in-boston-so-stop.html#i1

20z1evp.png

EDIT: My favorite part is how the path just ends in a gazebo, like this is SimCity 4.

Why did they draw that diagram with a crayon?

Um, that's clearly MSPAINT.

These are professionals we are talking about here.

I dont trust anything posted today. Ill see you guys tomorro.

"General Electric Co. pledged Monday to make $50 million worth of philanthropic contributions to Boston and other Massachusetts cities during the next five years as the industrial giant prepares to move its global headquarters here from Connecticut."

"The Boston public school system will be the biggest beneficiary: The city’s schools are expected to receive $25 million over the five years, in part to help students explore college and career possibilities. This contribution will provide students with hands-on experience in manufacturing technology and assistance to science and math teachers, among other things."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/04/04/pledges-local-philanthropy-over-five-years/VRgmBiWm46ww8cNeCYT8CL/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Afacebook

Somewhat more detailed summary of the GE pep rally yesterday. It's good to see that the "No Boston Olympics" groups have pivoted to "No... Just No to Everything".

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...0-takeaways-from-mondays-ge-extravaganza.html

Key takeaways include the continuing search for a heliport and a GE logo that "can be seen from Mars". Immelt seems like an excitable man.

I wonder if it goes on top of the Massport Gara--er, Seaport Transportation Center just to REALLY drive that moniker home. That being said, it's a bit silly to think that (barring traffic) you're basically halfway to the airport from new GE headquarters if you drive across the 'hood to get to your chopper to Logan. Hanscom obviously a different story.

Back