General Infrastructure

Leave it to Charlie to create demand for public transportation while continuing to ignore fixing the system itself.
95% I will completely sh*t all over Charlie. But, his administration has been able to walk and chew gum on the issue of the T. Eventually they’ll get to the issues as Alewife. But overall he hasn’t been horrible. Point out where I’m shortsighted.

95% I will completely sh*t all over Charlie. But, his administration has been able to walk and chew gum on the issue of the T. Eventually they’ll get to the issues as Alewife. But overall he hasn’t been horrible. Point out where I’m shortsighted.

I dunno…… putting off a study of West Station to 2040 perhaps?????

I dunno…… putting off a study of West Station to 2040 perhaps?????
And how many Governors have kicked the can down the road on that? And did you ever think that some of those delays were from the winner and still champion Allston-Brighton NIMBY’s?

And how many Governors have kicked the can down the road on that? And did you ever think that some of those delays were from the winner and still champion Allston-Brighton NIMBY’s?

Both of your sentences = Wut????????

Baker has been the Governor for the last 7 years. The previous Governors weren't around when the Turnpike straightening was as imminent (Before Harvard bought up much of Allston). You're first question is akin to asking why Gov. Volpe didn't have a Climate Change policy. But even with that, THIS happened 4 months before Baker swept into office and suffocated the prospects of West Station for another 2+ decades...........

And you, obviously, are confusing "Allston Nimby's" for "Stephanie Pollack/Charlie Baker" regarding the subject of West Station:

" AMID STRONG PUSHBACK from neighborhood activists and others, Transportation Secretary Stephanie Pollack on Monday defended the Baker administration’s decision to put off until at least 2040 the construction of a new transit station serving an emerging neighborhood being developed by Harvard University in Allston........"

Let's be careful with the facts out there, King.

Last edited:
Rte. 128 could get western hemisphere's first noise barrier that doubles as a solar-power generator
solarpanelwall.jpg

“MassDOT reports it's negotiated a deal with two solar companies to outfit an existing 3,000-foot stretch of noise-barrier wall along Rte. 128 northbound in Lexington with solar panels as a pilot to see if the walls can be used to generate solar power and reduce the state's carbon footprint.”

“Under the letter of intent with KO-Solar and Solect, the solar-enabled barrier should generate 802,000 kWh a year - enough to power 120 homes and eliminate generation of 1.4 million tons of carbon dioxide. MassDOT says this will be the first power-generating noise-barrier wall in the western hemisphere.”
https://www.universalhub.com/2022/rte-128-get-western-hemispheres-first-noise

How tall is that noise barrier? That thing looks like a landscraper.

Rte. 128 could get western hemisphere's first noise barrier that doubles as a solar-power generator
solarpanelwall.jpg

“MassDOT reports it's negotiated a deal with two solar companies to outfit an existing 3,000-foot stretch of noise-barrier wall along Rte. 128 northbound in Lexington with solar panels as a pilot to see if the walls can be used to generate solar power and reduce the state's carbon footprint.”

“Under the letter of intent with KO-Solar and Solect, the solar-enabled barrier should generate 802,000 kWh a year - enough to power 120 homes and eliminate generation of 1.4 million tons of carbon dioxide. MassDOT says this will be the first power-generating noise-barrier wall in the western hemisphere.”
https://www.universalhub.com/2022/rte-128-get-western-hemispheres-first-noise

That's a pretty bad out of scale rendering by Mass Dot, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's 128 north of Grove St., Lexington and but that is not northbound but southbound. Last I knew there was no noise wall on the northbound side.

That's a pretty bad out of scale rendering by Mass Dot, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's 128 north of Grove St., Lexington and but that is not northbound but southbound. Last I knew there was no noise wall on the northbound side.

Street View

Not a particularly imposing piece of wall.

Wow! Road Diet in Cambridge; Elliot Bridge to Harvard Square. I predict major car culture debate over this - State brings back its plans for Memorial Drive. I have to say when I read in some forums, calls for reducing Storrow, I think to myself "not in my life time"... but who knows.

Nice; discussion on aB had been started here previously:

Last edited:

Back