Gentlemen Hall

Don't worry. Some day you'll find something to be happy about. I guess...

I'm actually quite pleased with my plans for that weekend - three days of partying in Hyannis and Nantucket at Figawi. I'm merely pointing out that it would be nice to hold the event on a weekend where most people aren't doing everything to escape the city.

Man, how horrible that they didn't plan around the pink pants crowd going to Figawi. Welcome to Obama's America!!!!

I'm actually quite pleased with my plans for that weekend - three days of partying in Hyannis and Nantucket at Figawi. I'm merely pointing out that it would be nice to hold the event on a weekend where most people aren't doing everything to escape the city.

I went to the first Boston Calling last year on Memorial Day weekend and it was great! No one was there because most people had escaped the city. The National brought me up on stage with them because I was the only person in the crowd!

Its amazing that the Festival was considered such a wild success seeing as the city was empty and nobody showed up. What's that? Oh there were 20,000 people there each day? I guess I must have locked eyes with Matt Berninger for a second and I just felt like the only person on City Hall plaza that day.

I hope they redo city hall plaza but find another are for this... probably not the common, but if it grows, could it get bigger and better somewhere else in the city?

Yeah as much as I hate CHP it really is a great space for this type of event. Really can't think of anywhere else in the city that can take the type of abuse these events can cause.

Not sure if that is a reasonable excuse to keep an ugly, wind swept brick lot in the heart of the city though. But at least they are finding some good uses for it.

I don't see why you couldn't use the open field on the Common... Heck, it's grass. People could be barefoot and have a picnic.

It definitely is cool to see CHP fill up completely and have this incredible energy though with the current venue.

The reason they don't want to do big events too often on the Common is actually because of the grass. It can't take too many beatings without dying off. The plaza can take a beating and a half and still be as nice (read:shitty) as it ever was. Needs a some touch up on the brick work though.

Sooooo here comes the big weekend -- Boston Calling starts up tomorrow and my band plays Sunday early in the afternoon.

But since I'm guessing most of you aren't going to the festival can I interest you in a Saturday night show at Great Scott? Us and our brother band Clifflight will be playing an "after party" to Saturday's Boston Calling lineup starting around 10 pm. It'll be loads of fun since it's just a little throwaway gig for us, and of course Great Scott always brings the good vibes. Tickets I believe are $12 but I can probably put a couple of you on the guest list. Let me know!

I would be there if I wasn't on duty! It'll have to be some other time when y'all are in Boston again.

Sooooo here comes the big weekend -- Boston Calling starts up tomorrow and my band plays Sunday early in the afternoon.

But since I'm guessing most of you aren't going to the festival can I interest you in a Saturday night show at Great Scott? Us and our brother band Clifflight will be playing an "after party" to Saturday's Boston Calling lineup starting around 10 pm. It'll be loads of fun since it's just a little throwaway gig for us, and of course Great Scott always brings the good vibes. Tickets I believe are $12 but I can probably put a couple of you on the guest list. Let me know!

I'll be in the crowd Sunday. Good luck!

You are the drummer right?

Sure, I could do that. Been looking for an excuse to get over to Great Scott anyway.

Can you put me down for 2 people? The ticket price is just fine by me.

fattony, yes I am the drummer. If you want let's PM our contact info so we can find each other after my set.

And Matthew, I can put you and your friend down on the guest list. PM me your last name so I can do a "Matthew_____ +1"

"I'm with the band" is a lot cooler than "I'm with the online archinerd group".

I read about the 'after party' in the Dig the other day. I'd stop by, but I'm working till 3am. Is anyone going to the festival today? I'd be curious to know if Girl Talk is still rocking it.

I had some questions about this band and thought this might be a good place to ask them...

1) Why was the music taken off of iTunes? I'm glad I bought "Close To Me" and "Gravity Will Break Our Bones" while I could! And there's a few songs on youtube I wouldn't mind downloading onto my iPod too.

and

2) Why was the original "All Our Love" video scrapped? I tried watching the new one, but when I saw the cat-lady, I had to stop.

(I also liked the Close To Me video, but that's nowhere to be found either..)

Band releases lots of content in order to get name out --> band gets name out and draws interest --> band needs bigger platform to continue getting name out --> band signs to major label --> major label takes down all old material because BUSINESS

Snark aside, Blackbird, if you want let me know which songs you'd like and either I can email the actual files to you assuming I have them, or I can extract the audio from the youtube video and then send that over. Either way I'm happy to help a fan out!

Oh and I too loved that "Close to Me" video...at this point even I haven't seen it in a year or more. And the new "All Our Love" was a really fun day of shooting in Montreal but the video is fackin bizahhh.

^^ Yea, it has a titty in the beginning, how risqué!

Snark aside, Blackbird, if you want let me know which songs you'd like and either I can email the actual files to you assuming I have them, or I can extract the audio from the youtube video and then send that over. Either way I'm happy to help a fan out!

It's alright, I can download audios from youtube, too. I just like paying a dollar for songs because it feels like I'm showing support! Maybe not too much support, but something is better than nothing in my book....

And the snarkiness was very much appreciated. You gave exactly the type of answer I was looking for!

Cheers!

Back