Goodwin Procter HQ @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave - Parcel I | Seaport

Not sure how sustainable the Northern Ave realignment is. I think its very poorly designed. I watched a few tractor trailed attempting to take a right from Northern Ave onto Pier 4 Blvd. One couldn't make the turn in one swoop and the other swung all the way onto the other side of the road where there is oncoming traffic. Seems poor from the naked eye but I'm no traffic engineer.

Once all project work is done, semis shouldn't ever be making that turn.

What a bleak bleak world we would live in if we designed everything to accomodate f'ing semis barreling through.

Barreling through is correct. I'd love to see some enforcement of the Conley Terminal trucks not using Seaport Blvd

Hopefully the big fire/ladder trucks can make the turn.

Fire-trucks are always allowed to take up as much of the road as they need to make a turn. Nowhere did Falcon say that the trailer-trucks physically couldn't make the turn, just that it was a hassle.

Why are we concern-trolling about this intersection?

Once construction is complete on northern ave there will be almost no reason a tractor trailer would ever need to go on northern ave. Box trucks yes, but not tractor trailers.

Acrobats were performing on the side of the building today. Apparently practicing for a performance on Thursday as part of the building's opening ceremony.

EPUgzA2.png

Yep... pretty amazing performance, too. Great way to celebrate a building opening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5RGr4zsyHY

I think the label brings it down. Looks better without it.

So much positive vibes - it's like the opposite of 'micro/soft'

Squat Stuuump City! Even more so when considering the visual trick that the reflections give. Though I say this with affection since it is home and I've seen every building (both the good and not so great) go up since after the One Marina Park building. It's quite surreal, and frustrating at times, to see it all happen in front of you step by step.

Quite a difference so far from not too many years ago:

Moakley%20Courthouse_Carousel_0.jpg

Fan_Pier_and_Moakley_Courthouse_from_across_Fort_Point_Channel%2C_2008.jpg

moakley-courthouse-boston.jpg

22 Liberty is looking awfully dark.

Are you wondering about actual occupancy by owners? If so, I wouldn't read into it too much from this photo.

For one thing, it's not clear what time the photo was taken, it could be late evening or after for all we know. Also, the copious amount of light in some other buildings are misleading. All the buildings in the photo shown with bright interior lights (from left to right: Pier 4 condos, Pier 4 office, Goodwin, 121 Seaport, 1 Marina Park, Vertex, Courthouse) are either under construction projects or are offices that keep the lights on all night exactly as shown. For example, in the Goodwin building, that step-down lighting down the right side of the building is always like that in the evenings. Further, the Benjamin apartments (behind the Courthouse) are known to be highly occupied but is quite dark in this photo as well.

Edit: Actually, I wonder why 22 Liberty's crown isn't lit in this photo. Thought it was usually on. Didn't East Boston complain about the light some time ago?

Back