Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

On my last ride on the Riverside line inbound (which I don't take that often) the operator was doing front-door only boarding which seems to negate the point of installing all these readers.
They've been doing it on the B too. The western branches are ran essentially at the train operators' discretion so I can only really shrug when some decide not to open the rear doors cause they want to ensure people pay while others don't care. In my experience even if only the front doors are open there's at least one person at nearly every stop every trip that pays with a card on the new readers. The added payment options and convenience for people makes it worth it in my opinion.

On my last ride on the Riverside line inbound (which I don't take that often) the operator was doing front-door only boarding which seems to negate the point of installing all these readers.
I ride the C branch intermittently and have some positive anecdotal evidence from the weekend, first time I've seen someone pay with the AFC 2 readers at a backdoor :)

Other than that, I've literally never seen another soul pay from the back doors where the operators aren't looking. Hopefully effective fare inspectors mean we can soon get all door boarding at all stops like we were promised.

Back