Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

Does anyone have a pdf copy of this
Appendix B – Station and Alignment Selection Analysis, Prepared by Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc., October 2009.
from the glx section 4(f) evaluation/draft environmental impact statement
Wayback Machine archive of the old MassDOT project page: https://wayback.archive-it.org/6359...eextension.eot.state.ma.us/docs_draftEIR.html

Specifically, this page: https://wayback.archive-it.org/6359...B_thru_J/133_AppB_StationAlignSelAnalysis.pdf

Thank you.
Also does anyone have a copy of the Beyond Lechmere Northwest Corridor Study Major Investment Study/Alternatives Analysis

Are there any other documents that show alternate alignments for glx? I am specifically interested in tunnel alternatives.

Pic.jpeg

Re Javier's image above. Do we have information on what will become of the old Cambridge Health parking lot in the upper left that is currently being used for materials and vehicle storage? I know the community path will run alongside its edge, but there was never-quite-definitive discussions in past iterations of the GLX project that the entire lot would be converted to open space. No documents from any of the recent GLX public meetings address this space. Seems like there are three options:

1. The section not used for the path reverts to parking
2. The whole stretch is converted into a linear park with the path in the center
3. The path hugs the retaining wall edge and the remainder of the space remains out of the GLX project scope (my guess is this is actually what will happen).

I think the path through the lot is still going to be paint. Unless the city is building it.

Are there any other documents that show alternate alignments for glx? I am specifically interested in tunnel alternatives.
The alternatives are shown in the Beyond Lechmere alternatives analysis. The only one that I've aware of with any tunneling was 1B, which looks like cut-and-cover under Prospect Street, deep-bore under the hill, and then using Medford Street to get onto the Lowell Line alignment. It was the lowest-scoring alternative (tied with BRT to Union Square + CR infills on the Lowell Line) because of high cost and difficult construction, with no real benefits versus the two-branch project.

1616526748468.png

Boy howdy, I had forgotten about all of those BRT-heavy alternatives. I can't think that any of them were that serious, but still. I shudder to think.

Given the current administration’s proclivities, I would expect the BRT alternatives would be the preferred ones if we were starting this process today.

Back