Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

Heated concrete panels would also work xD
for real, though - why would it necessarily be salt? neither the place i work nor the place i live uses salt for ice-melting purposes and haven't since forever.

Nice write-up on some of the Ball Sq flavors.

EE122118-987A-4DE0-B819-90E6A972C6C4.jpeg

What absurd, short-sighted cost cutting - narrowing your walkway half-width to save a few bucks of concrete. (Never mind that an uncovered walkway in a trench that gets no sunlight in winter is a prime location for black ice.)

I think the narrowing is a vestigial reminder of the original VE-d secondary entrance to Gilman. It was going to be a switchback ramp on the far side of School St, and the narrow walkway was to squeeze beside the bridge pier.

Does anyone recall if the GLX constructors are now well over or just at budget now? I remember there was some talk that all of a sudden the cost that was "under" was tracking to be over budget.

The whole stretch from Powderhouse Circle to Ball to Magoun Square is going to be revolutionized
For many years, after checking in at my early morning dental appointments on College Ave, I've been bored with the old magazines on the coffee table and I'd look out the window at a stream of commuters walking toward Davis Square from the Powder House Square area. I can only assume half of them will now be walking north toward Medford Slash Tufts or southeast toward Ball Square and the only option left to me will be to finally read that Sports Illustrated issue about the 2013 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox.

What's with the crane? Construction where the old Lechmere Station was? Wouldn't be surprised, since it seems that co's. are throwing their names in the pot for business. I wouldn't mind stopping at Ball Square to do business. :)

For many years, after checking in at my early morning dental appointments on College Ave, I've been bored with the old magazines on the coffee table and I'd look out the window at a stream of commuters walking toward Davis Square from the Powder House Square area. I can only assume half of them will now be walking north toward Medford Slash Tufts or southeast toward Ball Square and the only option left to me will be to finally read that Sports Illustrated issue about the 2013 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox.
Ha, I used to go to a dentist on College Ave between Powder House Sq and Davis Sq when I was a kid. Bet it's the same one.

...the frequency with which MBTA vehicles have these failures is really really concerning.

I was waiting at Govt Center for my GL to Medford/Tufts for my first ride yesterday, and an older woman not familar with the area was quite confused when she saw destinations of Medford/Tufts and Union on the board and she wanted to go to Lechmere. The problem was that the station map still isn't updated on the platform. Since USQ opened a few months ago, you'd think maps would be changed at a station like Govt Ctr.

Also, a likely problem occurred - the destination on the train's board noted Union Sq but it was a Medford/Tufts train. I assume that's something not done yet.

Otherwise, smooth and quick ride. Didn't really slow into Medford. Only slow spot is still the viaduct.

Looking forward to Blue Line to Lynn!

Back