Green Line Type 10 Procurement

IMG_6322.jpeg

I really like what's going on in the left screen there and hope it makes it to the final product. Digitizing the system map could potentially mean it could be live updated to reflect active service outages and the like. It's also preventative of having out of date system maps if any line extension is performed.

Attachments

• 1729876022011.jpeg
    1729876022011.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 34
Would be huge to get
View attachment 57180
I really like what's going on in the left screen there and hope it makes it to the final product. Digitizing the system map could potentially mean it could be live updated to reflect active service outages and the like. It's also preventative of having out of date system maps if any line extension is performed.
It would also be great to somehow get more detailed connection information, like a local connection map and real time bus/subway arrival times, on the information screens (or on other info screens). I think I've seen some foreign systems with these features, though I'm not sure where. I'm sure accessibility is a challenge to getting all that info on there, but it would be a huge QOL improvement.

Would be huge to get

It would also be great to somehow get more detailed connection information, like a local connection map and real time bus/subway arrival times, on the information screens (or on other info screens). I think I've seen some foreign systems with these features, though I'm not sure where. I'm sure accessibility is a challenge to getting all that info on there, but it would be a huge QOL improvement.
The MTA is doing this in NYC. But my impression is they chose too small of a screen for the displays (I am sure it is a cost issue). The full system map on the screen is pretty unreadable.

I assume the red markings are whatever is necessary to enable them to run in mixed traffic on the E line.
Call it a throwback to the yellow doors on the initial PCC livery...

Also, of all the destinations you could have chosen for the render, you chose "Reservoir Yard"? This is displayed as a D Branch train, which means the T is implying a suspension of service beyond Reservoir for track repairs...

1730121497727.jpeg

Also, of all the destinations you could have chosen for the render, you chose "Reservoir Yard"?
Yeah no idea what's up with that. Seems like you'd want to choose Health St to emphasize that they'll be coming to the E branch.

Yeah no idea what's up with that. Seems like you'd want to choose Health St to emphasize that they'll be coming to the E branch.
Is there a statement that that's where they'd be used first? I'd assume it would be on D since E doesn't have long enough platforms to start.

Is there a statement that that's where they'd be used first? I'd assume it would be on D since E doesn't have long enough platforms to start.
I think any branch except E can handle single Type 10s currently, minus accessibility problems.

Single Type 10s are shorter than a 2-car train of current vehicles, so there are no platform length issues for those. As noted above, Lake Street will need to be rebuilt and some modifications made at Reservoir before Type 10s can run on the B or C because the Type 10s have a larger minimum curve radius than previous vehicles. Running on the E will require either installation of proper platforms on the street-running section or some sort of alternate stop sign solution.

Two-car trains of Type 10s (which are the same length as a three-car train of current vehicles) will require platform extensions at a number of B and C stations as well as reconstruction of the street-running trackage on the E and the Heath Street Loop (which is too short). However, the T is not currently purchasing enough Type 10s in the base order of 102 cars to run two-car trains—that will require exercising options.

Single Type 10s are shorter than a 2-car train of current vehicles, so there are no platform length issues for those. As noted above, Lake Street will need to be rebuilt and some modifications made at Reservoir before Type 10s can run on the B or C because the Type 10s have a larger minimum curve radius than previous vehicles. Running on the E will require either installation of proper platforms on the street-running section or some sort of alternate stop sign solution.

Any idea what the passenger capacity will be on a single Type 10 vs the current two-car Type 7/8 hybrids they run now? Also, if they were to run two Type 10s in tandem, would they be able to do it with a single operator?

Any idea what the passenger capacity will be on a single Type 10 vs the current two-car Type 7/8 hybrids they run now? Also, if they were to run two Type 10s in tandem, would they be able to do it with a single operator?
Its supposed to be twice the passenger capacity of single type 7 or 8 in one and a half times the space. The original plan was to have the driver be sealed off and not collecting fares so a single operator could do it in theory if the front cab can control the doors for both vehicles although I'm not sure if they are to be set up that way.

Back