Green Line Type 10 Procurement

I thought Option 3 screamed "you people can't even find the doors!"

(OK maybe late nite at Kenmore or North Station we really cannot?)

I picked Option 2 because the paint scheme is somewhat like that of the new Red & Orange Line railcars! :)

Last edited:
I picked Option 2 because the paint scheme is somewhat like that of the new Red & Orange Line cars! :)
I went for it because it looks more like the Type 7s (Good vibes) compared to option 3 which looks more like the type 8s (Cursed)

I went for it because it looks more like the Type 7s (Good vibes) compared to option 3 which looks more like the type 8s (Cursed)
Yeah, the Type 7's had a mid-life redo, so they look somewhat bright & shiny. Can't say the same for the Type 8's though. They look like crap!!!! Hah!!!! They are still derailing at times!! (n)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who find Type 8s better looking than Type 7s? Of course, performance is another question.

Type 9s are the most gorgeous among the current fleet.

Ugh the more and more I look and think about it it keeps switching between all 3 and it's not cause all 3 are great designs/colors. Literally day one I thought 3 was the absolute best and 1 was the worst to today thinking 1 is the absolute best and 3 should be set on fire and never talked about again.

But really I'd be fine with a fugly train as long as it ran at normal speeds without derailments. 😮‍💨

Am I the only one who find Type 8s better looking than Type 7s? Of course, performance is another question.

Love the Type 9s. Fully agree. They're as nice as the streetcars in Frankfurt (which I consider to be quite nice, indeed).

Are they going to integrate ad space onto the Type 10s? I've always disliked the way it was done on the Type 9s, and I don't think I've ever seen them actually use the space.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Last edited:

That's because they are the newest trolleys to come along in several years. The even newer Type 10's will have an all-new lower floor level across the board from front to back!! No more high levels or stairs to walk up when boarding them or getting off!! :)

Last edited:
The Type 10 livery poll concluded on October 9 with Option 1 winning. However, that was after multiple claims of Option 1 being the least popular just a few days prior. A few people on Reddit claim the poll may have been botted and someone put in 10,000 votes.

Photo from Reddit:
RDT_20231012_1304336681570915780385993.png

I'm pretty sure the polls for the Orange and Red livery also got skewed by someone sending in thousands of votes.

The Type 10 livery poll concluded on October 9 with Option 1 winning. However, that was after multiple claims of Option 1 being the least popular just a few days prior. A few people on Reddit claim the poll may have been botted and someone put in 10,000 votes.

Photo from Reddit:
View attachment 43462

Hopefully they can clear this up cuz option 1 is ugly as shit. I think most ppl would be pretty fine with either 2 or 3, but it seems 3 was most popular organically. Going by the comments it seemed that way as well.

The T has officially announced that Option 3 was the winning choice. That said, the written description doesn't quite match up with the render - a turquoise running stripe? I rather think that'd clash quite badly.
1000016165.jpg

The T has officially announced that Option 3 was the winning choice. That said, the written description doesn't quite match up with the render - a turquoise running stripe? I rather think that'd clash quite badly.
View attachment 43624
It sucks!!!! :mad:

Maybe it's a play for Gen Z ridership. They really love the 90s aesthetic.

While they're at it, they should just license the "Jazz" design.

Back