Hamilton Co. Apartment Bldg | 1085 Boylston Street | Fenway

DSC03510.JPG

I was so happy to see double-hungs going in this one. I'm so tired of casements.

Nice to see the exterior going up but man this seems to be taking a long time.

Nice to see the exterior going up but man this seems to be taking a long time.

Concrete structure takes the longest, but in this case the structure and the wall are the same thing so you hit two birds with one stone. Think of a building that has steel frame - then studs- then sheathing. That takes a long time in and of itself. They just did it with one trade in this case.

cca

Excellent addition.

I know the façade isn't the finished product yet, but as it stands now, THAT looks to be a fine, good looking building that respects the context of its neighborhood and street. Hopefully, the momentum can continue to fill in the surface lot gaps next to it as it moves towards Mass. Ave. That last triangular lot would make a nice, tall "The Point"-type building possibility.

Kudos the developer and architects on that one.

Last edited:
i think the last lot is spoken for by the air rights project

Won't the east-facing windows be blocked by the over-the-pike developments?

Won't the east-facing windows be blocked by the over-the-pike developments?

I assumed they were recessed like that just for that reason. They'll provide light but little or no view once the over-the-pike development is built.

I like the use of shadows, as well as of facade material....actually looks three dimensional from any angle (the way any building should), and substantial.

Back