Hamilton Co. Apartment Bldg | 1085 Boylston Street | Fenway

I like the use of shadows, as well as of facade material....actually looks three dimensional from any angle (the way any building should), and substantial.

+1. I think is has a nice "substantiality" (is that a word?) about it--kind of a solidness that characterizes the best of Boston architecture.

17649325801_275c230025_b.jpg

17649235385_90266ebcf5_b.jpg

i think the last lot is spoken for by the air rights project

I don't want to bump the Parcel 12/15 thread without any new info, but has there been any movement on from the ADG Scotia team - I can imagine Samuels (believe he's part of the consortium) is tied up in a lot these days. That blank eastern facade is just begging to be covered.

Last edited:
Im amazed at how much attention this one has gotten on here, while the project on Marlborough St - a much more architecturally significant street, but less trafficked, hence, I think, the crucial difference here - only got posted on this board last week by john keith despite being under construction for months, at least...

Im amazed at how much attention this one has gotten on here, while the project on Marlborough St - a much more architecturally significant street, but less trafficked, hence, I think, the crucial difference here - only got posted on this board last week by john keith despite being under construction for months, at least...

It's precisely what you said. No one walks or drives down Marlborough St., while 1085 Bolyston is in a highly trafficked area.

Something like this should be replacing every small parking/vacant lot in The Fenway neighborhood.

Is there a plan for something to go up next to this building? Those large blank brick walls, kind of bug me, but if there are plans for more development, I get it.

Is there a plan for something to go up next to this building? Those large blank brick walls, kind of bug me, but if there are plans for more development, I get it.

Posed the same question upthread, the abutting property are Parcels 12/15. There was some movement a while ago, but I haven't been able to find anything recent. There's the Hynes (Parcel 13? I think) parcel across Mass Ave, but I can't say I've heard or seen anything that'd indicate anything happening soon on building out that last gap of Boylston. Maybe somebody else knows more.

Good infill building, nothing spectacular but far from the cheap shit you see going up elsewhere.

Could've used some retail, but otherwise, hard to complain about it.

Back