Hancock of the day...

The August 2014 issue of Boston Magazine just came out. The back page is a full-size reproduction of this Spencer Grant photo from 1974.

Can you imagine if this debacle went down in 2014? Windows popping out of the building like rotten teeth and shattering many stories below?!

My aunt and uncle worked in the building from inception, before the harmonics were fixed by the installation of the elevator-shaft dampers. They said the building oscillated violently enough on some days that people could feel and see it moving--and some office workers in fact got seasick.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_public_library/6956625891/sizes/l/

14808783243_cc9746ae19_b.jpg

14602268130_982847accd_b.jpg

If u can stand some more! Monday evening it looked stunning I only had my iphone though :/ kept changing colors

Looks like the Hancock has a serious issue with staining of the glass below the. Cooling towers, seems to have gotten worse over the years. I sure as hell would not pay that rent to have by views obstructed by crap all over the glass

^ Your recent pix have been capturing interior lighting like no other pix I've seen before. Absolutely stunning.

^ Your recent pix have been capturing interior lighting like no other pix I've seen before. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks, though there no fancy tricks. Just a cheap but decent zoom lens on Prospect Hill monument just as the sun is going down, early enough to still be in business hours. Don't even need a tri-pod, just rested the camera on the wall and propped it up with the camera strap.

I love these kinds of shots where you can get a fleeting glimpse at what's going on inside these buildings. I'd love to take more from closer vantage points but when you are sticking camera's at people's windows where they can see you it adds a layer of complication to the process, even if it's a public office building as opposed to a private residence.

Back