Hood Business Park | 480-570 Rutherford Avenue | Charlestown

when the new planning isn't a dramatic improvement,

i wonder if the land should just sit a few more years.

I can't figure out where all that yellow is going. If I look at the BCDC presentation on the web, there is yellow at the entry and around some building-scale window elements. While I know the mock up isn't showing materials in any kind of quantity relationship, there does seem to be a lot of yellow on there. Maybe because it's not a commonly used color so the architects want to see more?

In any case, I'm a little worried about it but am so excited that it building isn't gray.

Oh no no no, those yellows are probably not going to work out.

I can't figure out where all that yellow is going. If I look at the BCDC presentation on the web, there is yellow at the entry and around some building-scale window elements. While I know the mock up isn't showing materials in any kind of quantity relationship, there does seem to be a lot of yellow on there. Maybe because it's not a commonly used color so the architects want to see more?

In any case, I'm a little worried about it but am so excited that it building isn't gray.

check out the slides on the link i posted...

***Edit: i see you posted just before I did***

There is that building at Assembly with the gray and blue digital camo cladding, plus the CR service building, and that one Tetris building in North Point, so maybe this will fit right into the "weird color experiments along the NE Expressway" family.

Mods, please mark this thread "under construction"

streetview2_opt1_18_0911%20(1).jpg

From Elkus.

Visually, in this one rendering, the tower doesn't work. And if that's the most favorable perspective.....

Visually, in this one rendering, the tower doesn't work. And if that's the most favorable perspective.....

Agreed, but this is a master plan update, so I think this is conceptual. [EDIT: 35 Supertest - the tall one - is a massing model. The only designed buildings in here of size are the garage hat and 10 and 30 Stack.]

http://hoodpark.com/document/

The Hood Park website has the following:

MasterPlan+Proposed+FINAL.jpg

NPC and the 9/12 presentation are password-protected, because someone at Hood Park doesn't quite understand FTP. However, the 5/30 presentation is available.

http://hoodpark.com/s/MAY-30-COMMUNITY-MEETING-FINAL_R.pdf

EDIT: I did get an immediate response when I asked for access to the full NPC file. Should also be up on the BPD site shortly.

Last edited:
Really wish they would fix Sullivan sq and Rutherford ave. It’s very difficult to get to hood park walking from bunker hill st.

streetview2_opt1_18_0911%20(1).jpg

From Elkus.

Where exactly is this render located?

Also, is the round part behind the fatter building, or all they all one building? I sure hope that is 2 different buildings.

Where exactly is this render located?

Also, is the round part behind the fatter building, or all they all one building? I sure hope that is 2 different buildings.

2 different buildings. The angle in the picture is roughly from Rutherford Avenue across "Hood Green", then "25 Supertest" (the cantilevered mid-rise), then finally "35 Supertest" (the tallest tower). This rendering really doesn't give a good idea of the conceptual massing - others in the NPC do.

EDIT: BPDA website now has the NPC:

http://www.bostonplans.org/document...-filings/hood-park-master-plan-npc-2018-09-14

"Supertest" is an awful street name. It's possible to go too far with the branding and referential nomenclature. But yeah, the 35 tower is much better rendered in the NPC.

Back