Hotel Project (Current Shell Station) | 1241 Boylston St | Fenway

You’re free to explain what “stuff” I said that was “nutso.” The part where I said that she’s mostly anti-development? Or the part where I said that most Boston residents are NIMBYS?

This hotel project was killed due to financial reasons that are completely opaque to us. We have no idea.

There was never any proof that Mayor Wu ever even heard of this project, that there was any neighborhood backlash to this project, or that any NIMBY has a problem with replacing this stinking gas station with a modestly sized hotel.

This hotel project was killed due to financial reasons that are completely opaque to us. We have no idea.

There was never any proof that Mayor Wu ever even heard of this project, that there was any neighborhood backlash to this project, or that any NIMBY has a problem with replacing this stinking gas station with a modestly sized hotel.
I’m not blaming her for anything in this care. It’s probably a mere coincidence. And even if she was behind it, I’d side with her. As I said earlier, the last thing that that stretch need is more five start hotels. She’s still a NIMBY and so are many residents in Boston (and across the Commonwealth). In this case, they wouldn’t be wrong.

I’d love affordable housing in that parcel. Balance out the ecosystem on Boylston.

Back