Hotel Project (Current Shell Station) | 1241 Boylston St | Fenway

Shell needs to go!! Their gasoline prices are through the roof!! :mad:

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/bc31a98a-ae2a-4759-aad4-a7949921c60e

BCDC design update. Stay with the brown terra cotta, please!

Also, have a look at those comments. "Tone down the building". "Oculus is too interesting." Yes, because we don't want our buildings to look interesting in Boston, no siree.

I'm not a huge fan of brick colored terra cotta, but I wonder about the decision to change the color--it makes the building read more uniformly and therefor larger.

But generally, I think this is a great project and perfect for this area.

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/bc31a98a-ae2a-4759-aad4-a7949921c60e

BCDC design update. Stay with the brown terra cotta, please!

Also, have a look at those comments. "Tone down the building". "Oculus is too interesting." Yes, because we don't want our buildings to look interesting in Boston, no siree.
Oof. This one is a step backwards.

2utFRj9h.png

gSnUHYoh.png

nYrDgach.png

cdeXP9dh.png

rbjnqdCh.png

tmHw14Eh.png

piRAwM4h.png

VFbQgjOh.png

ipQ1VEkh.png

PF5CJfgh.png

OgLYuiph.png

7MDYvZWh.png

aSyttRwh.png

sNTEcEYh.png

ntKZqW4h.png

YIAygCch.png

CUGGqGJh.png

rMrmshOh.png

aMEzBSgh.png

r9yfT1Ch.png

vG9OzHHh.png

I actually like this way more than the other stuff that's been going up in the Fenway recently. This is far more sensitive to the surrounding urbanism both in scale and design.

IAG: "Hey it's short, plain, profoundly unexciting and beige.

The neighborhood gleefully welcomes you!"

It’s pissing into the wind it with you, but nonetheless let’s just point out the fact that of all the neighborhoods, Fenway has a lot of classic old Boston architecture yet has allowed very substantial heights in multiple developments over the last few years... More so than anywhere else. You’re picking the wrong neighborhood to vilify.

I like this design! Better than the Shell Gas Station. If it went too high it would have been a little out of place and tacky.

Back