Infill and Small Developments | Portland

Portlander

Reaction score
They changed their mind on constructing a new building and decided to refreshed the current one instead.

Max

Reaction score
9 unit Townhouse project at the corner of Spring and Winter St (Currently the Mercy employee parking lot). A good example of developers taking advantage of the <9 unit GND exemption.
I wonder what the status of the employee parking lot is? Initially Redfern/New Height had proposed developing the whole thing with a bunch of housing including an 8-story building facing State Street. Last I knew they had dropped those proposals and were trying to sell the site. Anyone have insight into what's going on?

Cosakita18

Reaction score
I wonder what the status of the employee parking lot is? Initially Redfern/New Height had proposed developing the whole thing with a bunch of housing including an 8-story building facing State Street. Last I knew they had dropped those proposals and were trying to sell the site. Anyone have insight into what's going on?
Digging into the HP Board application a bit. It looks like NewHeight is still involved.
If I recall correctly, during the initial master plan review, there was come concern that this block was essentially "too much building" and that there should be some building breaks / mid-block permeability. Maybe they've adapted their plan around that.

This townhouse proposal basically replaces the western portion of the large full-block residential building from the conceptual master plan. Maybe something larger is still in the works for the State St. frontage.

1637953635885.png

Last edited: