Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

I suspect that this is an artifact of the suburban developer, National Development. This is their first urban project, I believe.

They will probably regret the wood framing once occupied.

Not their first urban project, Longwood Center is theirs also for one, I believe they are at least partners in a few others too.

The wood construction has to do with the reuse of the existing structure's foundation, dont think the existing footings could handle a steel structure. The other buildings will definitely be steel or concrete, they are 9 stories!

The Ink Block is in an interesting location in terms of public transit access. It's less than a 10 min walk to both Broadway and Tufts Station's, but at the same time its almost more convenient to walk into town if you work in either DTX or Back Bay.

really most of the south end is more convenient than you first think.

1979369_683366945040525_2038411067_o.jpg
1898871_683366901707196_23168721_o.jpg

Not their first urban project, Longwood Center is theirs also for one, I believe they are at least partners in a few others too.

The wood construction has to do with the reuse of the existing structure's foundation, dont think the existing footings could handle a steel structure. The other buildings will definitely be steel or concrete, they are 9 stories!

Gyro -- nothing wrong with wood --- much of Boston is wood under the brick or even stone -- just make sure there are plenty of smoke detectors and a good sprinkler system

Those first two picks really show how nicely this project brings the South End up to Chinatown. I think if you asked most Boston residents to name all the neighborhoods that boarder these two, most people would leave out the other.

^ Quite a void both mental and physical between these neighborhoods left over from urban renewal clearing and also reinforced by the Mass Pike. Hopefully, development in this area will help mitigate these issues.

Those first two picks really show how nicely this project brings the South End up to Chinatown. I think if you asked most Boston residents to name all the neighborhoods that boarder these two, most people would leave out the other.

you know what'd be really good to reconnect them????

Deck the pike.

If they just decked the pike I would be soooo happy

Are they actually laying brick for the facade on this one? The scaffolding suggests so to me but I can't be sure.

Back