Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

Works for me.

As long as the don't call it a 'transportation center'...

Can someone explain that photo above? Has someone already set up begging there?

Not to sound like I'm shaking my cane...but can you imagine spending ~$300/night and your options for view are a 93 on-ramp or a Whole Foods parking lot?

Not to sound like I'm shaking my cane...but can you imagine spending ~$300/night and your options for view are a 93 on-ramp or a Whole Foods parking lot?

Yeah, but staying in the AC Hotel means that you won't have to look out and see the AC Hotel exterior, which really is a win here.

^Nice.

Has anyone spent much time over here? Driving by on 93 it seems like essentially a new neighborhood. But I haven't experienced it at the street level.

Decent work from Elkus! The facade has 1 language all the way up for once!!

Nice. That's the massing that the new AC Hotels building should have.

The great thing about building tallish along an elevated highway is that the new stuff actually improves the view from neighboring buildings. Usually it's the other way around...

While this isn't a rendering of the Ink Block Space, this should give us a sense of the interior finishes and communal space that this new building is going for.

ollie-common-space-1024x576.jpeg

It was included on the Ink Block's blog post about the new building (which essentially is a copy/paste of the Globe Article: https://www.inkblockboston.com/blog...xury-extras-newest-south-end-housing-strategy

Original article here: http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ng-strategy/BsraCu92n4oFviu0Ha9AMK/story.html

And I can't help but feel like some aspects of this rending looks a bit like the Aloft Hotel in the Seaport
3d835b56_z.jpg

^Nice.

Has anyone spent much time over here? Driving by on 93 it seems like essentially a new neighborhood. But I haven't experienced it at the street level.

It is turning into a decent new neighborhood. Pretty active, lots of restaurants in the Ink Block buildings.

Still a lot of construction though -- will feel much better when 345 Harrison (across the street) is finished.

It is turning into a decent new neighborhood. Pretty active, lots of restaurants in the Ink Block buildings.

Still a lot of construction though -- will feel much better when 345 Harrison (across the street) is finished.

That makes sense. I can't wait to see what this looks like in just a few years.

Thats great news. Kind of came out of nowhere so far theyve been building on spec to the masterplan, idk where this came from. Looks good. Theres another glass low rise going next to the right of that ink block low rise right on the pike too.

Back