Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

15040099015_1409abae29_b.jpg

I really love the color of the building in first photo and second photo. The top blue tone makes the cardboard look nice.

I do not believe that they are balconies. I believe that they are modern interpretation oriel windows -- fully glassed in.

I see they are indeed windows, on closer inspection. It doesn't look like all are fully glassed in right now, hence my misjudgement. Thanks for pointing that out.

I still think they look off. They seem tacked on.

Beautiful! The Ink Block is shaping up to be a huge winner for the neighborhood and the city!!

Agreed, and for once the powers that be realized humans need food in order to sustain life.

Also, from the standpoint of symbolism, they could not have picked a better anchor than Whole Foods to signal that a new neighborhood has arrived.

Note that there is no equivalent in the Seaport.

Anyone know how Ink Block will open Spring 2015? Whole foods building first? Buildings in phases? All buildings at the same time? Sorry if this was already discussed.

Anyone know how Ink Block will open Spring 2015? Whole foods building first? Buildings in phases? All buildings at the same time? Sorry if this was already discussed.

My understanding (old from the development plan) is that the complex will open in stages.

The North building, with the Whole Foods and the taller section by Herald street, will be occupied first.

The mid-block building (also apartments) will be occupied second.

The Sepia building at Traveler street (the condos) will be last, "fall 2015", and perhaps not until early 2016.

Hopefully this all goes smoothly, and then they get to work on buildings 4, 5, 6 along Albany Street to complete the site masterplan.

Back