Intermed - as it develops (now officially a high-rise)

Patrick said:
Also, emporis.com has someone who keeps tabs on this project and from time to time posts a few pictures.

Hello, I wanted to make my first post here since I'm trying to keep up with the projects going on around Portland. I'm the editor you mentioned that took photos of the site for emporis when everything was beginning in addition to the other structures around town and Maine in general. I haven't been back in the city regularly since June but I plan on being back relatively soon.

Great to find someone else keeping tabs on the things here! :D

I drove by the other day and the concrete is getting pretty tall.

It really is a shame that it's across from that grocery store (it's still shutting down and moving people into whole foods right?) and that little suburban bank and Hollywood video.

intermedhr2.png

Wow, done already? :p

From last week

dsc0193zz2.jpg

It will take some getting used to. The greenish glass in that rendering looks pretty nice though.

They had been stuck at that same height for a while but they finally started to add some more beams going up. I think it's at it's final height now, minus the big top part.

It is just high enough right now to make a pretty noticable impact. I've seen it peeking over other buildings and trees at random spots around the city and I like it so far.

There is also a sign up that says "fully leased". Wonder what businesses are going to take the few retail spots on the first floor. I would think that Starbucks would want to get into this area in a big way, especially with the student housing and all the workers. Wonder if the student housing is actually going to be a big hit. If they can get it full, what a great impact on that area.

Or at least a dunkin donuts! I agree, a bunch of students living in that area would help liven it up a bit.

She's gonna be a beaut! Should have a good effect on the lower skyline.

This should have some effect too, from the MMC webcam:

26DEC07MMC.jpg

dsc0417yl0.jpg

Makes the AAA Building look very modest!

Back