Kenmore Square North (WHOOP) | 533-541 Commonwealth Ave | Fenway

Oh crap, this fits with the LOI.

R5N5l15.jpg

I would fight someone to keep that from happening.

It's almost like a threat. Gross.

I hope when they walk into the BCDC meeting with this the panel just starts laughing.

I'm really hoping it's just a placeholder.

But at least they prserved a view of the Citgo sign!

(sarcasm)

I'm no architect, but this looks like it was designed in 15 minutes over a coffee break. Am I way off here?

What is the site zoned for in terms of height? I am not screaming for a 600 footer, just wondering how tall could they go?

The most charitable thing I can say about it is it looks like a monstrously oversized space heater (?) or maybe one of those portable halogen worklights (?).

Either way, for being on the opposite corner from ye venerable Buckminster Hotel, it does not appear to want to play nice with it.

Like, if this were a dinner party on "Downton Abbey," and the Buckminster were the Dowager, then the personification of this proposal, assigned to sit across from the Dowager, would be Gordon Gekko from "Wall Street." Or maybe the Jim Carrey character from "The Mask." Although I'm not sure those two characters were actually loud and garish enough, now that I think about it.

Come on guys it's all ball bearings now;

The Citgo Sign is Rob Gronkowski.

The BPDA is Bill Belichick.

The preservationists screaming for the Citgo Sign is Tom Brady screaming to keep Gronk.

The horrific project destroying the aesthetic of the Buckminster, Kenmore Sq etc, is Belichick retaining Gronk,

gutting the team and telling his QB, "I love working with you, Tom."

The building currently on the left corner should be saved. This is hideous.

That's deep.

Come on guys it's all ball bearings now;

The Citgo Sign is Rob Gronkowski.

The BPDA is Bill Belichick.

The preservationists screaming for the Citgo Sign is Tom Brady screaming to keep Gronk.

The horrific project destroying the aesthetic of the Buckminster, Kenmore Sq etc, is Belichick retaining Gronk,

gutting the team and telling his QB, "I love working with you, Tom."

Needs to be a Stilling's Garage type treatment.

The proposal is an abomination.

Back