Liberty Wharf | 220-270 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Jimmy's Harborside Development

Chains vs. local aside, this is good news for the area. This is the ONE place in the SBW where there is actually a lot of life so putting in a destination restaurant is a good sign that there is a company that wants to invest. Great location for it too.

?Lifestyles have changed. People don?t have time for smoke-filled, two-martini lunches anymore,?? said Vivien Li, executive director of the Boston Harbor Association. ?Jimmy?s was geared toward businesspeople, but most people I know just eat their lunch at their desks.??
Always ready with her two bits.

I walked by there today...starting to look like something. One thing I did notice though is that the fish pier right there is pretty rank, especially this time of year. Don't know how well that is going to go over with outdoor diners.

Pitty they should know where their food comes from. But I do agree that dead fish on a 90 degree day is not the greatest smell.

The smell of the Fish Pier just adds to the ambiance! Sad about Jimmy's but things do change and obviously, the family didn't maintain the property. I agree with Van, Legal moving in is a huge plus for the area!

?Lifestyles have changed. People don?t have time for smoke-filled, two-martini lunches anymore,?? said Vivien Li, executive director of the Boston Harbor Association. ?Jimmy?s was geared toward businesspeople, but most people I know just eat their lunch at their desks.??

Aren't there hundreds of thousands of square feet of commercial real estate (millions if you count the Convention Center) in the Seaport? Aren't there millions of additional square feet planned over the next ten years?

Earth to Viv...

Most people I know don't like the outdoors, or being social, either. Ouch, I know.

Will the Jimmys sign come back as originally planned? or will Leagle put up someting simular? I hope the sign is safe somewhere maybe they could put it somewhere else?

"People don?t have time for smoke-filled, two-martini lunches anymore,?? said Vivien Li, executive director of the Boston Harbor Association. ?Jimmy?s was geared toward businesspeople, but most people I know just eat their lunch at their desks.??
[/QUOTE]

Syllogism.

Vivien Li said:
"People don?t have time for smoke-filled, two-martini lunches anymore...??

Guess she doesn't watch Mad Men either...

today from logan
022-19.jpg

As ugly hotels go the Renaissance isn't as bad as many I've seen. It is just the empty streets and cheap precast that give it a bad look. In fact I actually have to give it props for breaking up what normally would be a superblock.

Last edited:

Do you mean the Renaissance?

The whole block looks like it came out of a kit.

I'm still waiting for them to paint the walls.

The only thing about that photo is the rotting waterfront. Fix that and it will look pretty good.

How bout putting up screens to cover all the damn mechanicals on the rooftops then lighting em up at night! Is Fallon that cheap, that uncreative, or is there some other reason? Most new construction tends to hide the mechanicals...his really stand out like sore thumbs.

They're putting up the second floor steel now:

wharf.jpg

Back