Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

The boycott campaign is the least of Qatar's concerns. There's been whispers on other forums that its not doing so hot for forward bookings.

Indeed, and of course DXB at least has *some* O&D which is basically non-existent for DOH. They'll likely stick it out, but I have heard ads over WBUR and one other radio station, and they have ads all over South Station (like EK and CX had done before).

Welcome WestJet!

via Boston Logan Facebook:

10366243_10153629282952981_7635296845762919121_n.jpg

885458_10153629382367981_3579846659435735514_o.jpg

Would love to see WestJet do more routes in the future - maybe seasonal Vancouver or Calgary in the future but they are pretty light on other long routes to bigger US markets (notably NYC) from those destinations.

AeroMexico Load Factors from BTS data - Everything gets posted on the airliners.net Boston thread too.

June -75%
July - 85%
August - 80.2%
September - 69.8%

It was a better start compared to 2004 when the loads were in the 50's but they were smart this time and run it 5-6 weekly.

AeroMexico Load Factors from BTS data - Everything gets posted on the airliners.net Boston thread too.

June -75%
July - 85%
August - 80.2%
September - 69.8%

It was a better start compared to 2004 when the loads were in the 50's but they were smart this time and run it 5-6 weekly.

Whats a % that keeps service running?

Whats a % that keeps service running?

80% is a decent rule of thumb, but it's often driven more by RASM and overall network contribution. Filling a plane is easy, it's more a matter of getting the right type of traffic and yields that contribute to the overall success of the route.

Airlines shoot for ~80% lf. Also not surprised I'm not the only one who lurks airliners.net along with this forum.

I barely have time these days to visit this forum, I cant add another to my rotation!

Is the September number something we should worry about or a normal seasonal shift?

Also, that indicates it is very unlikely Jetblue will compete with their own direction BOS-MEX service right?

I barely have time these days to visit this forum, I cant add another to my rotation!

Is the September number something we should worry about or a normal seasonal shift?

Also, that indicates it is very unlikely Jetblue will compete with their own direction BOS-MEX service right?

I'm going to say at face value the September figure is "ouch" but there is probably an explanation for it. Demand for the route is too high in general. They may have switched to a bigger plane, maybe people just don't do business in Mexico in Sept, or maybe less people are transiting through with the economic turmoil in Latin America's largest economies right now. When I talked to the rep at the travel show she said the route was doing well anyways. They'd probably do better if they codeshared with JetBlue though. That's a huge part of the logan success equation for foreign airlines.

Ps I doubt JetBlue wants to bother competing with the Mexico city airport so far over capacity. We were lucky to get a direct route at all!

They'd probably do better if they codeshared with JetBlue though. That's a huge part of the logan success equation for foreign airlines.

JetBlue's BOS network wouldn't provide many good connections for flights from MEX. Most of JetBlue's successful partnerships involve connecting TATL flights with cities to the south and west.

Tentative Mint BOS-LAX schedules:

Posted at 0330GMT 21MAR16

JetBlue earlier this month has extended it schedule listing into first-half of winter 2016/17 season in the GDS, effective until 03JAN17 inclusive. Planned Airbus A321 MINT service on Boston – Los Angeles route, previously scheduled to begin from 20OCT16, is now scheduled to begin from 30OCT16.

From 30OCT16, MINT service is being offered initially on 1 of 3 daily flights (B6287/488 on Day x6), and gradually expands to all 3 daily flights from 17NOV16. Reservation for flights on/after 30OCT16 will be available soon, however planned MINT service entry date on this route remains subject to change.

B6287 BOS0700 – 1034LAX 32S x6
B6487 BOS1655 – 2031LAX 32S D
B6687 BOS2055 – 0025+1LAX 32S 6
B6687 BOS2115 – 0045+1LAX 32S x6

B6288 LAX0725 – 1544BOS 32S D
B6488 LAX1145 – 2004BOS 32S x6
B6688 LAX2149 – 0608+1BOS 32S D

http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/21/b6-boslax-w16/

Of course, the first Mint SFO flight (B6 133) departs this Thursday, March 24 at 8:00am. As of this post there are still at least five $599 discounted fares available-but no more suites per the seat map. There is a display of the Mint seats at the concourse entrance from security. Still some talk of B6 debuting a lounge concept here in the former UA RCC space (now used as an unbranded EK lounge). I could see the merits much like it has for VX with SFO T2 being their purpose built terminal [plus a few gates for LAA], yet they chose LAX in late 2012 for their new Loft concept.

Also, Qatar will be holding a press conference on April 10 and His Excellency, Akbar Al Baker will be in attendance.

I love this post.

Data -- thanks

Every once in a while when the world tosses up a tomato you can puree in mid air and make tomato sauce

both titles are quite correct as you do in fact address the governor as your excellency, and in fact the "al Baker" would be how a member of the House of Baker was addressed in the Persian Gulf

Also, Qatar will be holding a press conference on April 10 and His Excellency, Akbar Al Baker will be in attendance.

Is this at Logan? Any other details or announcements?

Also saw the AWARE billboards on the way to Logan the other day three - to be exact on 1A South. No mention of Qatar Air ways just Qatar in general and using the airline's color scheme

Back