Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I know renderings are meant to be impressionistic, but that looks a bit like the Eschelman sculpture that hung over the Greenway--a variation on that would be a nice idea for the new terminal.

Damn, glad to see the new siding! Looks great!! All garages should have decorative siding! Good job MassPort and architects!

Damn, glad to see the new siding! Looks great!! All garages should have decorative siding! Good job MassPort and architects!

Architect was Arrowstreet. Structural by PB. Massport didn't want to use PB as the prime because structural engineers design ugly parking garages. Arrowstreet's success at the Wonderland Garage led Massport to choose them.

The kinetic facade is really awesome.

Always felt some added color was needed in the main ticketing area of Terminal E! Happy to see the new flags.

Atlantaden -- A definite improvement over what was there before and the rest of the garage complex -- gives one encouragement to be hopeful as to what Term E might look like in 2020 or so

First post of longtime lurker, so please be kind!

Has anyone noticed in the MassPort Oct 2015 doc outlining Terminal E expansion the line regarding Terminal B FIS facilities in the same mention of the previously approved but never constructed E gates that would go with this expansion? Do we think this is going to be tied along with some modernization of the pmAA gates (B30-36)? These would seem to be most likely to handle widebody aircraft; though, I do recall pmUS had that Spring surprise of an A330 on an early morning CLT flight a few years back.

First post of longtime lurker, so please be kind!

Has anyone noticed in the MassPort Oct 2015 doc outlining Terminal E expansion the line regarding Terminal B FIS facilities in the same mention of the previously approved but never constructed E gates that would go with this expansion? Do we think this is going to be tied along with some modernization of the pmAA gates (B30-36)? These would seem to be most likely to handle widebody aircraft; though, I do recall pmUS had that Spring surprise of an A330 on an early morning CLT flight a few years back.

Southender -- my impression about the old permitting is just that its being used as a legal device to avoid or ameliorate some of the bureaucracy in pursuing the next rebuild of terminal E.

I think at the back of someone's mind at Massport there is a long-term dream of linking all the terminals both pre and post security to maximize flexibility of the airport. However, in the short term [next 10 years?], all of the wide-big aircraft, which are typically used for long-haul international flights, are going to land at a gate at E where there is FIS, although they could take off from another terminal

Has anyone had a good view of the 380 gate work?

I took a picture of it on Page 135 (Post 2695) on February 3: http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=253156&postcount=2695

I snapped this pic of the Terminal E A380 Expansion (MPA L1346-D1) from the top of the West Garage Expansion (MPA L1191) today:

12647478_10205689932747709_5841445798355308481_n.jpg

Hello,
Long-time lurker, does anyone know when the Terminal E expansion is scheduled for completion?

Does Massport have a plan for the lot in front of terminal E. I know it is the limo waiting space right now and some short term E parking. But for an airport as constrained as Logan, are they saving it for a future garage expansion? Maybe they don't want to encourage more driving and airport congestion, so if not parking, what else could it be?

Hello,
Long-time lurker, does anyone know when the Terminal E expansion is scheduled for completion?
Most sources I've seen for the A380 Accommodations L1346-D1 say "2017" (and don't specify a month). Somewhere else I saw that there were a final set of A380 airfield improvements for FY16 (now) and FY17 (late in '16).

The boycott campaign is the least of Qatar's concerns. There's been whispers on other forums that its not doing so hot for forward bookings.

That should hardly be a surprise. With emirates running 2 daily 77W/77L and now a daily 350, that's a ton of capacity in a market that had zero seats not even 2 years ago. Boston will have roughly the same amount of capacity to the Middle East as Chicago

The boycott campaign is the least of Qatar's concerns. There's been whispers on other forums that its not doing so hot for forward bookings.

I'm surprised by their lack of media blitzing until so soon before starting service. I feel like Emirates legit had everything in the city (including planes with banners flying overhead) coated with their looming service for months leading up to the launch. Turkish also did this (albeit at a smaller scale).

Iberia is showing its seasonal schedule extending into November and, per an Airliners user, even 3x/week into December.

I'm surprised by their lack of media blitzing until so soon before starting service. I feel like Emirates legit had everything in the city (including planes with banners flying overhead) coated with their looming service for months leading up to the launch. Turkish also did this (albeit at a smaller scale).

Especially with a travel show a month before they could have had a booth at.

The only advantage Qatar has over Emirates is British Airways and American Airlines frequent fliers and typically you don't get 100% miles for the cheaper fares.

Especially with a travel show a month before they could have had a booth at.

The only advantage Qatar has over Emirates is British Airways and American Airlines frequent fliers and typically you don't get 100% miles for the cheaper fares.

I've seen a good deal of Qatar advertising around the city and on public transportation. "Fly with the best airline in the world" with a picture of a smiling flight attendant. It's fairly uninspiring, it doesn't stand out at all, and doesn't match the all out blitz that Emirates and Turkish launched. But it's there.

*edit*
I miss the "until so soon before the launch" part of the previous post. Ignore mine and carry on.

Back