Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

^I wonder if this means that JetBlue is thinking of scaling back the LGA/DCA shuttle like service.
It depends on the exact route you're thinking about.

I think JB would grow its JFK/EWR/LGA-BOS
And then try the old 50-50 (or hub proportionate) split with "the other hub" on JFK-DCA, LGA-DCA, DCA-BOS

With AA claiming a hub at DCA because AA (US, actually) had already done a 2011 deal with DL in which
AA grew at DCA
DL grew at LGA

so this is kind of a "AA has no hub in NYC" backfill. It may be that JetBlue can demand to be "the hub" at NYC and BOS

It's only a matter of time before we see another big merger.

Alaska eating Virgin was still the dumbest thing ever

Alaska eating Virgin was still the dumbest thing ever
It really should have been B6 (JetBlue). Complementary not overlapping networks, fleet synergies. I think Alaska got ahead of themselves and took on too much in a fit of unbridled optimism.

It really should have been B6 (JetBlue). Complementary not overlapping networks, fleet synergies. I think Alaska got ahead of themselves and took on too much in a fit of unbridled optimism.
JetBlue did bid, just wasn't willing to overpay like Alaska was.

Yea... I hate flying Alaska but it's my employers preferred airline for domestic travel.

Yea... I hate flying Alaska but it's my employers preferred airline for domestic travel.
... How? Unless you're based on the West Coast or only flying to? (Granted, we prefer United, despite everything, including the shortest nonstop list out of Boston)

... How? Unless you're based on the West Coast or only flying to? (Granted, we prefer United, despite everything, including the shortest nonstop list out of Boston)

They're a west coast company with a small Boston/Cambridge presence.

Alaska is better than UA/AA but thatas not saying much

Would anyone care to speculate on the cities from BOS that a AA/B6 tie-up will allow JetBlue to (re)initiate?

Would anyone care to speculate on the cities from BOS that a AA/B6 tie-up will allow JetBlue to (re)initiate?

There are only 3 US destinations they have ended from Boston.

Columbus - Delta and Southwest serve year round, non-stop
Oakland - Doubt we'll see them add this given they already serve San Francisco and San Joe year round, plus they added seasonal service to Sacramento
Washington Dulles - The most potential

St. Louis, San Antonio, Louisville and Memphis are all prime candidates for them to initiate service to.

Out of curiosity, are they Seattle area based?

I've only flown them twice, both times to Seattle. They consistently rank at or near the top in customer satisfaction. Their gate area in Boston was abysmal, something that Massport has rectified.

What about these LGA "heritage" markets that AA still flies as places "important to AA's network" that it might want to see added to the AA network from BOS?

US Air Heritage
ILM (Wilmington NC)
CMH (Columbus, America West heritage)
CHO (Charlottesville VA)
ROA (Roanoke VA)
PIT

AA "Bob Crandall" heritage markets (former hubs)
RDU
BNA
STL

And the "rich people" markets
MVY
ACK

ILM (Wilmington NC)

ILM was going to get AA service direct to BOS this summer to test demand, a once weekly round trip on Saturdays, I had tickets for it actually but covid cancelled it of course... BOS is the top unserved destination for ILM. This is obviously wandering off from the ArchBoston realm but ILM is also in the final stages of a terminal expansion and JetBlue, and corresponding Boston connections, had been discussed at one point too.

Sun Country just canceled their entire BOS <> MSN schedule until further notice :cry:

Is ILM demand just beach & "people from Boston migrated/retired there" (the general relative growth of NC) or is there business reason to travel between the two?

Is ILM demand just beach & "people from Boston migrated/retired there" (the general relative growth of NC) or is there business reason to travel between the two?
There's certainly the summer beach demand and family links similar to something like Myrtle Beach, in terms of businesses the only big links I can think of is PPD is headquartered in ILM and has branches in the Boston area, and GE has a fair sized presence in ILM and obvious links to Boston. I know from board reports that the majority of ILM passengers are business travellers.

United is jumping into Boston-Florida. https://hub.united.com/2020-08-12-a...ew-nonstop-service-to-florida-2646962841.html

Initially they will fly
Up to 2x daily Fort Lauderdale and Orlando
Up to 1x daily Fort Myers and Tampa

Then it becomes 2 daily to all 4 destinations.

I think its seasonal - the press release is a bit unclear.

So for these four markets we now have:
Tampa - 5 airlines - JetBlue, Delta, Spirit, Frontier, United
Ft. Lauderdale - 4 airlines - JetBlue, Delta, Spirit, United (Note: Frontier, Delta and American serve Miami)
Orlando - 6 airlines - JetBlue, Delta, Spirit, United, Southwest, Frontier
Fort Myers 5 airlines - JetBlue, Delta, Spirit, United, Frontier

Southwest only lists Orlando as a nonstop route but has done some Boston-Tampa/Fort Lauderdale in the past.

Back