Lovejoy Wharf - Hoffman Building | 160 North Washington Street | West End

Re: Nashua Street Residences | MBTA North Station Garage | West End

15041211997_4818fcc3c8_b.jpg

15041013799_8d01bd1a1d_b.jpg

Ugh, developers need to stop going for the cheap vinyl siding look. It's dated and not attractive at all.

That's a party wall. I assume it will abut the adjacent building?

Sampler up on the corner of the site where the condo building will be...no pics since I was lazy and don't know how to post them.

I thought there was also a restaurant/bar component to this project?

^ Does anyone know if that thing is going to provide elevator service from N. Washington down to the Harborwalk?

Based on the recent improvements to the sidewalk and the finishing touches on the boardwalk, it looks like they want to open up the boardwalk section during construction. Any word on whether that's the case?

Is there any word on a timeline for the condo portion of this project beginning?

Probably late this month or early January. They're still working on some permitting.

Is this really considered "West End" as the thread title suggests? If someone asked me which neighborhood this was in, I'd say North End. I'd say North Station area or reference the Bullfinch Triangle before I'd call this a West End project. I know the zipcode is the same as much of the West End (02114), but a number of Beacon Hill addresses are 02114 as well. Just a typo or is there some logic behind the West End in the title?

The Bullfinch Triangle is all disputed land. If you're in the West End, North End, or neighborhood unto-itself is up to the person you ask. The BRA says the West End goes all the way to North Washington Street though, so I guess that makes it "official."

Bullfinch is basically a neighborhood of its own at this point, especially considering the dubious nature of the West End as a residential neighborhood anymore.

It will likely be West End for residential parking permit purposes... so there's that.

Back