Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

I'd like to see how they plan to build over or around the Opera House loading dock.

The real question is ...

The real question is ... will anything ever be built on Hayward Place?

What's with the surface lot in front of the Paramount? Is that suppose to be Hayward Place?

What was the last building on that lot? Was it RH White or Raymond's department store?

Ron Newman said:
What was the last building on that lot? Was it RH White or Raymond's department store?
It's been so long ... it's lost in the mists of time.

The story is cool enough but I was wondering about the bolded part. Anyone know what is going on?

The Herald said:
Well, lookee here! Sailor?s long-lost wallet turns up ? 56 years later
By Colneth Smiley Jr.
Monday, April 30, 2007

Joseph Robert Velmond Gregoire would have had a story to tell, his family believes, if he were alive to see the unlikely return of his long-lost wallet, 56 years to the day it was stolen from him.
?Maybe he was haunting the building waiting for someone to find it,? said Kathy Bagen, whose husband, construction worker Richard Bagen of Weymouth, found the wallet in the ruins of Boston?s Paramount Theatre.
[continue reading the story at the link]
Link

Emerson College is renovating the Paramount Theatre, which has been disused since 1976. The interior could accurately be described as "ruins".

Ron,

What's the lastest word on the Modern?
Does the city still own it?
Are there any plans in the works for it?
I believe the roof was stabilized a few years back, so the building doesn't need to be demolished, correct?

Progress as of Monday, 4/30

482390609_130ff63175_b.jpg

482390607_151bd4a2fd_b.jpg

482390573_ecc4da7c99_b.jpg

Any idea how this project is going to work around the Opera House loading dock? That has to stay open and usable throughout construction and afterwards.

Ablarc, is that an example of your glowing limestone? Odd place for real stone, no?

It is now official...

Emerson breaks ground for the Paramount Center project on Washington Street

Emerson College officials and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino broke ground May 11 for the Paramount Center project on Lower Washington Street. Joining the mayor were Emerson President Jacqueline Liebergott, Emerson Board Chairman Ted Cutler, Trustee and Visiting Professor Kevin Bright and Vice President for Administration and Finance David Ellis. Briight, an alumnus a co-creator of the sitcom Friends, has pledged $1 million to support the project.

The centerpiece of the project will be renovation of the historic Paramount movie theater and retooling it for use as a live performance venue for local arts groups as well as Emerson students. The center will also include a new performance development center that will house a black box theater, and sound stage a scene shop, a film screening room, and multiple rehearsal and practice rooms. The upper levels of the new building will be a residence for 260 students.

The project is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2009.

Liebergott said the project represents "a new chapter in the long-standing partnership between Emerson College and the City of Boston. One that would serve local arts organizations as well as Emerson students and faculty. One that would help revitalize the Lower Washington Street neighborhood."

^ What the theatre district needs is less "arts" and more entertainment.

"Stiflingly dull," he intoned stuffily, "show us some tits!"

Attribution ...

Where did that latest Emerson article first appear, any idea?

Centerfolds is an amazingly classy and respectable place to go... I had a fuckin blast there. I think there should be 2 or 3 more of these around. the glass slipper, eh... not so much. A few more strip clubs in the area wont kill anybody, really.

I waited in line 20 minutes there and 5 cops drove down the alley, so obviously it brings in a "less desirable" crowd.... Its too bad for the rest of us who just wanna see some naked women and obey the law. Boston is the proverbial 'stick in the mud'

sorry, thought i heard somebody say tits.

Back