MassDOT Pike Parcels 12 - 15 | Boylston St. and Mass. Ave | Back Bay

I don't think it's a zombie thread. Boston02124 is pretty reliable when it comes to tips - he described the GE headquarters accurately in advance, and did the same (IIRC) with One Bromfield.

And his tips on the Back Bay Station redevelopment were spot on.

Thanks!

I'll grab a bag of pop corn and a six pack and watch for developments...

Just came out of the CAC.

Short details for now, as I'm on my phone:

-Weiner/Samuels got buy in from Prudential for Pru air rights parcel. Construction/costs more complicated/higher than anticipated, so there will be an increase in density to offset.
-Parcel 15+Pru Air Rights will host proposed two-tower development on shared podium
-Taller tower on Scotia side; 559' + mech, 46 floors, condos, tower is twisted slightly
-Shorter tower on Hynes side; 276' + mech, rentals
-342 units total

-Parcel 12 is similar massing but with greater height as well; considering office or residential use
-Office use would be 225', residential 288'
-Not as far along as Parcel 15 is

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NoZBbu]

Last edited:
Bold plan.

Samuels has done great work in the Fenway and has worked with the community on everyone of those projects. I hope he has success working with the Back Bay Neighborhood Association because this thing is gonna set of some serious NIMBY alarms.

50/50 on this becoming a reality.

Also I gotta imagine this thing ends the skyscraper contingent on this board's dream of a 1000ft at Dalton Street. No way the residents that move into this tower will ever let that happen.

Whats the random tower to the right of the pike? That has no proposals so far.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...er-back-bay/qdMprfeQqLo2knSfMEI4VJ/story.html

Globe article. Excited for this.

30vyfrl.png

Last edited:
The developers sure sound hopeful. I hope for them all to be built, but we'll see how this turns out eventually..

Also I gotta imagine this thing ends the skyscraper contingent on this board's dream of a 1000ft at Dalton Street. No way the residents that move into this tower will ever let that happen.

Meddlepal -- Not necessarily -- there is still the 1/2 acre site of the parking garage on Dalton between scotia & Cambria

None of the current proposals mention the garage which currently houses Bukowski Tavern, Kings Bowling and Billiards, & the Boston version of Jasper White's Summer Shack
hynes-auditorium-pilgrim-parking.jpg

You could easily plant a slim 1- Dalton type tower atop an underground garage with a nice ground floor podium for the Summer Shack and Bukowski and perhaps a couple of floors of additional retail or small-scale office -- it could perhaps be circa 2024 Millennium Partners next project after they finish Winnie
https://goo.gl/maps/fvpxAe7Mixw

If they were just doing Parcel 12, that is unbelievable by itself! But this is just incredible. Dalton St Garage probably stays put for many many years.... Shit, Leave it. But here's one 600' tower near Mass Ave and Boylston St. The Garage is going to become a very crucial asset down here, past it's already 'ultra-untouchable' status.

Prolly never happen Whigh. i think we're done here. But nicely attempted, in any case.

Pru has come through.... it'd been 50 years! Way to go!! :)

The developers sure sound hopeful. I hope for them all to be built, but we'll see how this turns out eventually..

Please post this for every new tall proposal.

Last edited:
Whats the random tower to the right of the pike? That has no proposals so far.

Are you referring to the one seen in this picture?

The white one on the right/over the pike is the massing for an office use on Parcel 12; the white one askew behind it is the massing for a residential use for Parcel 12- it's just not on the site.

The one in wood to the right of Parcel 15 is Berklee's Crossroads proposal.

WOw what a night between this, Millennium groundbreaking announcement next year, Columbus Center news and solid Bulfinch Crossing news!! :D

Thank you for the explanation, Downburst. I was wondering what kind of engineering wizardry I was looking at that had the residential tower floating over Haviland St.

Maybe tomorrow the Harbor Garage proposal will be announced and Fenway Center will announce its groundbreaking. Oh and Trump will drop out of the race and Charlie Baker will replace him.

Back